ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do we need separate letter from bank for maintenance funds?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kpr

Do we need separate letter from bank for maintenance funds?

Post by kpr » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:54 am

Do we need separate letter from bank for maintenance funds? apart from the bank statements for the 3 months.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:58 am

Could do, if you have printed the online version of statement. It's a supporting document for your maintenance amount. If your bank is ready to provide the letter, why the hell not include it?

'nyways addition documents won't make the application too heavy to be carried to Post office /PEO
Give me more Karma (+)

ashdaone1
- thin ice -
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ashdaone1 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:45 pm

QuickSam wrote:Could do, if you have printed the online version of statement. It's a supporting document for your maintenance amount. If your bank is ready to provide the letter, why the hell not include it?

'nyways addition documents won't make the application too heavy to be carried to Post office /PEO
but I assume original bank statements should suffice, wont they?

jan77

Re: Do we need separate letter from bank for maintenance fun

Post by jan77 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:37 am

[quote="kpr"]Do we need separate letter from bank for maintenance funds? apart from the bank statements for the 3 months.

Answer

From my own personal experience, when I wanted to apply for my Post-study work Visa in 2010, I went to my bank(NatWest) to request a separate letter to submit with my Bank Statements for the Visa. NatWest told me They have not issued such letter in the past. I used my Bank Statements to apply and got the Visa after 21days. I think you need to supply either of the two not the two together.

Cheers and all the very best.
The purpose of this world is God

kpr

Re: Do we need separate letter from bank for maintenance fun

Post by kpr » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:08 pm

jan77 wrote:
kpr wrote:Do we need separate letter from bank for maintenance funds? apart from the bank statements for the 3 months.

Answer

From my own personal experience, when I wanted to apply for my Post-study work Visa in 2010, I went to my bank(NatWest) to request a separate letter to submit with my Bank Statements for the Visa. NatWest told me They have not issued such letter in the past. I used my Bank Statements to apply and got the Visa after 21days. I think you need to supply either of the two not the two together.

Cheers and all the very best.
Great!!. Thanks a lot for providing the your personal experience.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Personal experience is practical, guideline is theory"

sts96508
Member of Standing

Post by sts96508 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:28 pm

ashdaone1 wrote:
QuickSam wrote:Could do, if you have printed the online version of statement. It's a supporting document for your maintenance amount. If your bank is ready to provide the letter, why the hell not include it?

but I assume original bank statements should suffice, wont they?
original bank statements will suffice