ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for UK naturalisation without WRS certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

starfish2011
Newly Registered

Applying for UK naturalisation without WRS certificate

Post by starfish2011 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:09 pm

Hello,

I am originally from Lithuania and I have applied for UK naturalisation on the bases of living in UK since 1999. I have arrived to the account with my mother and claim asylum and we were granted temporary residency until our case was being looked at. With Lithuania joining the EU in 2004 our case was closed and our passports were returned. I am graduate of UK school and have a year at University, however had to leave my course due to financial difficulties and get a job. My first employer (in 2004) did not make me aware of the fact that I need to be registered for EU worker registration scheme. I have always had a National Insurance number and was never asked to provide a copy of the WRS.
I have now applied for UK naturalisation, however got a letter from the Home Office asking for a copy of the worker registration certificate. As the scheme is now closed I am not able to register for it now and I am left completely confused on what do to next as my application will not be taken further without it. Is there anyway that I would have been exepmt from it?
Any advice on the case would be really helpful.

scoobz
Newly Registered

wrs

Post by scoobz » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:09 am

If u didnt register for the wrs certificate. You have to send a letter to them explaining why you didnt register and proof of your excercising treaty rights from 2004... for example all p60's for atleast 5yrs. Gd luck

boloney

Re: wrs

Post by boloney » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:39 pm

scoobz wrote:If u didnt register for the wrs certificate. You have to send a letter to them explaining why you didnt register and proof of your excercising treaty rights from 2004... for example all p60's for atleast 5yrs. Gd luck
thats not gonna help in anyway. Looks like you just losted the fee. The only think may help if you qualified in any way before 2004.