ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child benifit enquiry- short or full birth certificate?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abed9631
Newly Registered

Child benifit enquiry- short or full birth certificate?

Post by abed9631 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:55 pm

Hi, my wife and myself have been granted ILR this week and we are now looking forward to applying for child benifit for our UK borne son. I understand that I should send my son's birth certificate and copy of our passports as documentary evidence for this purpose alongside the application. My question is can I send the short birth certificate as I don't have the full one yet? Anybody with experience please. Thnx in advance.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:37 am

I have just checked on the HMRC website and cannot spot the answer to your question, to my surprise.

So I think you should just send the certificate that you have, and leave them to raise a query if they feel the need.
John

abed9631
Newly Registered

Post by abed9631 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:54 pm

John wrote:I have just checked on the HMRC website and cannot spot the answer to your question, to my surprise.

So I think you should just send the certificate that you have, and leave them to raise a query if they feel the need.
Found the answer here http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/forms/ch2-online-stubb.htm - ''You can send either the long or short versions of the certificates.'' Thanx.

khalid-042

Post by khalid-042 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:24 pm

is that any problem when you apply british passport after completeing one year on ILR. if you claiming benefits i mean (child benefits or tax credit and housing benefits????? my understanding tha when you applu AN form for passport they dont ask you claiming benefits are not?? plz advise

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:42 pm

is that any problem when you apply british passport after completeing one year on ILR.
You do not apply for a passport after one year on ILR! You can then apply for Naturalisation, and when making that application, benefits are irrelevant.
John