ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

wife and husband living out of UK but deferent countries

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nasir

Post by nasir » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:15 am

hi,
I am non UK citizen, my wife and doughter having UK citizen, we have been married more than 6 years now, we used to live in same country, but we currently living deferent countries due to work but flying to each others many times a year. we are now want to live in UK forever , my questions:-
1) can i apply for spouce visa and immeditly get ILR after performing UK life test?
2) what documents needed.
3) any issue or challanges we will be facing?

thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:30 am

There is a lot amount of information and it would make for a very long answer, so from your starting point of knowing nothing, I suggest you read fully the information and links in these web pages below and make searches on this forum. Then, if you have any doubts or questions you can ask here for relevant information to fill the gaps in your understanding.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... spouse-cp/

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:11 pm

The condition for ILE (KOL Required) is that you must have been married and living together outside of the UK for a minimum of 4 years. You don't appear to have met this condition as you've been living in different countries and visiting during this time.
By the way, the Government are considering the removal of the 4 year concession.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:14 pm

Additionally, would you be applying from the same or different countries? Applying from different countries would raise questions about the validity of an on-going interpersonal relationship but this can be overcome with relevant evidence. Applying together from the same country would require the applicant to hold a resident status in that particular country.

nasir

Post by nasir » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:46 am

hi,
we were married before she got UK citizenship and we got 5 years old doughter now (also UK citizen), i got temporarly job cotract in middle east while she having good job in africa and that why we live in deferent countires, however we fly for holidays and regular meeting each others.

so any challanges i will be facing when i apply for UK residency

thanks

pennylessinindia

Re: wife and husband living out of UK but deferent countries

Post by pennylessinindia » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:26 am

nazir wrote:hi,
we were married before she got UK citizenship and we got 5 years old doughter now (also UK citizen), i got temporarly job cotract in middle east while she having good job in africa and that why we live in deferent countires, however we fly for holidays and regular meeting each others.

so any challanges i will be facing when i apply for UK residency

thanks

I would think your biggest challenges will be showing your spouse intends to return to the UK with you and that your relationship is subsisting . See thread at top on subsisting marriage
pennyless

nasir

Post by nasir » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:01 am

hi,
thanks for your reply, we have 5 years old doughter and currently my wife is 3 months pregnent. i have savings of 120000 GBP cash for living in UK.

what kind of questions i might be faced ?

thanks

pennylessinindia

Re: wife and husband living out of UK but deferent countries

Post by pennylessinindia » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:20 pm

nasir wrote:hi,
thanks for your reply, we have 5 years old doughter and currently my wife is 3 months pregnent. i have savings of 120000 GBP cash for living in UK.

what kind of questions i might be faced ?

thanks
still as I said above
pennyless