ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help plsReceiving child benefit while on spouse visa

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tinylove
Newly Registered

Urgent help plsReceiving child benefit while on spouse visa

Post by tinylove » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:19 am

Urgent help pls. My husband is British and I'm holding 2 ya spouse visa and non-EEA passport. I worked in the UK for about 3 yrs before I got the spouse visa. I made a premium appointment for ILR application on 5the March and I just realised I made a stupid mistake by applying child benefit under my name instead of my husband's one and half years old when my boy was born. Will I get rejected because of me claiming the child benefit though I put down my husband's details on the CB claim form too. If so, can I do anything next week to rectify this just before I apply in person the Monday after next? Getting really worried...any help would be really appreciated

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:24 am

I just realised I made a stupid mistake by applying child benefit under my name
What mistake? Given you are married to a British Citizen, that claim by you is no problem at all. Para 6B of the Immigration Rules is in play, and that means that for technical reasons that claim by you is not Public Funds.

For details of the technical reasons, read the pinned topics in this Claiming Benefits section.
John

tinylove
Newly Registered

Thanks so much, John!

Post by tinylove » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:45 am

I can't thank you for more, John! It put my mind at rest straight away.

austin91
Newly Registered

EEa2 application and BENEFIT Enquire, urgent reply please !!

Post by austin91 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:22 pm

Hi, Could someone answer me please, My wife is EEA citizen with registration certificate that she got last year. while im Non EEA National and have just applied for my EEA2 application but haven,t heard anything from HomeOffice. My wife is working at moment but will stop working as we are expecting a newborn baby and im not working. so she is planing to apply for child benefits, child Tax credit and housing benefit. but am afraid if that will course my application being refuse. please i need urgent reply. many thanks

ruvi
Newly Registered

Post by ruvi » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:18 pm

Hi Did your visa get approved?

austin91
Newly Registered

Post by austin91 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:18 pm

hi thanks for your message but no i haven,t got visa yet?