ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinate Leave To Remain As Dependant Relative (Overstayer

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lovedove
Newly Registered

Indefinate Leave To Remain As Dependant Relative (Overstayer

Post by lovedove » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:34 am

Im an overstayer for almost ten years this april. I came into the country over 18 in 2002 and was refused a depandant visa. Now its 2012 and im 28 and I have no girlfriend. I wish to apply for Indefinate Leave to Remain under SET (F) or under SET (O) forms since my mother is about to apply for ILTR under a Tier 2 Migrant visa she held for over 5 years and my 2 siblings will automatically get the same visa since they have official depandant visas. My mother, sister, brother and myself all live in the same house. My mother is my sole supporter for all accomodation, clothing, food, and pocket money for the last 10 years and presently. I love my family and wish not to leave them for they are my life, there is no one back in africa to send me back to.

What should I do, should I apply using form SET (O) or should I use form SET (F)?

Or is there any advice you can give me or course of action to take?

Thank you.

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:26 pm

I suggest first seek advice from a solicitor to help you regularize your status as quickly as possible if you haven't one already.If UKBA catch up with you they will try and remove you within 72 hours.

In my opinion you qualify for DLR not ILR as you might have an article 8 claim.

UKBA don't care that your mum supports you all they see is you have no papers.If you were a minor it would have been different situation.

Your solicitor will try and convince UKBA to give you status and prevent your removal should the worst happen and will represent you in court .

lovedove
Newly Registered

Post by lovedove » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:57 pm

peppekalle wrote:I suggest first seek advice from a solicitor to help you regularize your status as quickly as possible if you haven't one already.If UKBA catch up with you they will try and remove you within 72 hours.

In my opinion you qualify for DLR not ILR as you might have an article 8 claim.

UKBA don't care that your mum supports you all they see is you have no papers.If you were a minor it would have been different situation.

Your solicitor will try and convince UKBA to give you status and prevent your removal should the worst happen and will represent you in court .

Thanks for the response peppekalle,

Any kind of legal stay will be best for me as it allows me to fend for myself, im not in work and am tired of being supported, from your advice it looks like i need to be prompt in my search of a legal solicitor and make application on DLR, should i wait until my mother and 2 siblings all get their ILR first when their applications go through, they are sending them this monday?

Thanks

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:21 pm

If i were you i would talk to an immigration solicitor as soon as possible.If you are not careful you will find yourself back in Africa with nothing other than the clothes on your back.

UKBA are not compassionate so you need to act as soon as possible.