ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone please help! Dependent working, Primary not! - FLR

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

1n1le

Anyone please help! Dependent working, Primary not! - FLR

Post by 1n1le » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:46 pm

Greetings All!
First of all Apologies for a long post!
I am writing this to get some advice and guidance about how to plan for my application.

*Visa ends June 2013;

*The primary applicant is working only part time and not meeting the salary points for FLR. The part-time sal is negligible.

*But the dependent is earning good and has a LTD company.

I spoke with my accountant and was advised with 2 options as below:

1) Primary can become Co-Director of Dependent LTD company and get paid with sal and dividend

2) Primary can become Salaried employee of the dependent's LTD company + the part time job.

After extensively reading this forum, I am skeptical to go the LTD way because I understand from the forum that the UKBA views LTD company as self-employed. (Even though the guidance sites Director of LTD company as employed!).

And on the other hand if I go the salaried employee way, we will end up paying too much tax (Emp tax, NI contribution and Employer NI from the LTD!!)

I want to know the following:

1)What would be the documents for primary applicant if the LTD way is opted?

2)Would I be in trouble from HMRC if spouse is added as co-director? (I know it is not a straight forward question but just wanted to know if anyone experienced it)

3)I know the documents are pretty straight forward for salaried employee but my doubt is who can sign the docs? The LTD director or Accountant or anyone of them?

4) We need 29500 GBP for the primary applicant, will this be a problem with HMRC if being payed as salary?

5)Is everybody clear and agreeing that director of LTD company is self employed? Because I have read in this forum some instances where people got sanctioned by selecting the salaried option but providing all LTD documents!!

Kindly help me in this regard so I can plan accordingly!!

Warm Regards
Last edited by 1n1le on Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1n1le

Post by 1n1le » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:15 pm

Calling for help guys, please help me with this!

1n1le

Post by 1n1le » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:53 pm

Is it a difficult query that nobody can answer?

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:01 pm

Be patient mate if someone got the right knowledge about your query he will answer asap.