ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension and ILR

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

opssss
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Extension and ILR

Post by opssss » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:11 pm

Hi

My Tier 1 extension is due on 13th of May and i am planning to apply for extension in March Through same day service but i have been told that my visa start date would be my date of application in that case i would be short of 2 months for ILR so would i have to apply for extension again? What is the maximum short fall period acceptable for ILR?

Thanks in Advance.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:21 pm

I don't know your reasons for early application but it would be safe if you apply 4-6 weeks before visa expiry.

UKBA case workers could consider the period of 5 yrs complete by counting the gap period between visa issue date and UK arrival date (given that this period does not exceed 3 months).

If you fall short because of other reasons such as early extension, you'd have to extend again and then apply for ILR once you complete a continuous period of 5 yrs in which you don't have 180 leaves and no continuous 90 day leave period.
Give me more Karma (+)

opssss
Newly Registered

Post by opssss » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:27 pm

I was already in uk when i was granted Tier 1 General on PSW so there is no entry to UK date involved what would be the scenario in this case.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:57 pm

Please read carefully, what I have written earlier and you'd get the answer.
Give me more Karma (+)

opssss
Newly Registered

Post by opssss » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:28 pm

One thing i couldnt understand is that you said it would be safe if i apply 4-6 weeks before expiry but i would still be short of 4-6 weeks for ILR as i am planning to apply through same day service and visa would start from the date of application.

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:44 pm

During my T1(G) extension last May, I had applied in person for a PEO appointment in Croydon 3 weeks before my visa expiry. I was granted an extension for 2 years from the day my visa expired. So in my case the visa start date was not the application date.

-H

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:49 pm

But there is no guarantee that the op will get it starting from the expiry date if he goes for a PEO appointment as the expiry date/ approval date conundrum seems to differ from case worker to case worker.

To be 100% certain of avoiding the shortfall, apply by post or be ready to extend one more time if you don't get the date starting from when you want it to.

Kind Regards