ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parter with Children. Someone help on what to do

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

EMMANZ
Newly Registered

Parter with Children. Someone help on what to do

Post by EMMANZ » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:20 pm

Can i start by giving you all my suituation. I came to the UK 8 years ago on a student Visa which expired in 2008 so i have overstayed here for about 4years now. I have a partner who is british and we also have 2children, we have been together for 6years but not married. I have a solicitor who advised me recently to apply to stay in the UK under zambrano which we did but was rejected because the home office said i am not d sole carer and removing me would not affect the children because they can stay with their mother. My Solicitor said we need to apply under Article 8 now but i havent decided on that yet if i want to go down that road because i heard its a long process which could take up to 5yrs or even more. A friend of mine said to me to return back to my country and get married there and apply from my country. But i am not too sure about going back with my family and making an application from there just incase it might be refused and my children would have to stay there longer missing their school and their mothers family who are all here. I am also scared if i returned to my country and my previous overstayed status affect me. If we are to get married it is genuine one and i have all documents to support any application i make and also i have been with my partner before my student visa even expired. can someone please advice on what to do.

gads
Newly Registered

Post by gads » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:27 pm

u can apply under article 8 , u have astrong case if i were u i will not travell out of the uk, there are loads of cases laws tht favours you . apply under article 8 with all the supporting documents u could be smiling soon

EMMANZ
Newly Registered

Post by EMMANZ » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:36 pm

thanks for the response. Do u have any idea of how long it takes on article 8 and is it compulsory we get married or does it not really make a difference?

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Thu May 03, 2012 10:48 am

EMMANZ wrote:thanks for the response. Do u have any idea of how long it takes on article 8 and is it compulsory we get married or does it not really make a difference?
HI emmanz did you applie again ? can you let me know how you geting on, thanks