ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MBA, what next

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

m_a_ibraheem
Newly Registered

MBA, what next

Post by m_a_ibraheem » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:12 pm

I got this offer, one year MBA costs 5500 pounds the question is
lets assume i got accepted and also got the visa
is it possible to extend my stay after I finish the year ? and how ?
and how difficult could the visa be after I get the acceptance ?
I am from Egypt and I am dealing with some kind of "agent" who will prepare the papers, contact the school, and prepare me for interview, and so on

advise please !

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:29 pm

sounds like you are getting ahead of yourself. The post study work route is being closed and therefore will not be an option for you. Whether you can extend your visa beyond your studies will depend on whether you qualify under any relevent categories. The most obvious for graduates will be tier 2 which requires an employer to sponsor you and for the job to be paid at a minimum level. As I said however, given that you have not even started your course yet, no one can advise you on whether you will qualify to remain here under another category once that course has finished.

RandomPasserby
Newly Registered

Re: MBA, what next

Post by RandomPasserby » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:01 pm

m_a_ibraheem wrote:I got this offer, one year MBA costs 5500 pounds the question is
lets assume i got accepted and also got the visa
is it possible to extend my stay after I finish the year ? and how ?
and how difficult could the visa be after I get the acceptance ?
I am from Egypt and I am dealing with some kind of "agent" who will prepare the papers, contact the school, and prepare me for interview, and so on

advise please !
With the PSW Visa being eliminated in April, your only hope of working after you finish your MBA is to find a job in a related field and an employer who is willing to sponsor your visa within 4 months. In this economic climate, there's no guarantee of that. Especially since the kind of MBA that costs only £5,500 probably isn't one of the top-tier institutions.

So you have to prepare yourself to go back home after graduation. An honest agency would tell you all that, but I'm sure they're just concerned with getting their fee from you and leaving you to your fate afterwards.