ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric post 29th Feb 2012

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ukisheadache
BANNED

Biometric post 29th Feb 2012

Post by ukisheadache » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:10 pm

Hello,

I will be applying ILR in May end or Early June and came under HSMP (NON-JUDICIARY) IN 2007 and was never issued a biometric card OR Stamp even on my extension in 2009. Do i need to apply for one? and if yes than what form do i need to use to apply it. can someone please help me send a link so I can view the relevant information.

I am registered on UKBA but i am getting options of BR1, BR, BR3, BR4 and BRP(RC) from drop down. Can anyone tell me what this means and which category I need to choose?

Is that true there is 6 week wait to apply for Biometric. I just read somewhere?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Biometric post 29th Feb 2012

Post by Greenie » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:24 pm

ukisheadache wrote:Hello,

I will be applying ILR in May end or Early June and came under HSMP (NON-JUDICIARY) IN 2007 and was never issued a biometric card OR Stamp even on my extension in 2009. Do i need to apply for one? and if yes than what form do i need to use to apply it. can someone please help me send a link so I can view the relevant information.

I am registered on UKBA but i am getting options of BR1, BR, BR3, BR4 and BRP(RC) from drop down. Can anyone tell me what this means and which category I need to choose?

Is that true there is 6 week wait to apply for Biometric. I just read somewhere?
you do not need to apply for a BRP now, you will apply for one as part of your application for ILR.

ukisheadache
BANNED

Brp

Post by ukisheadache » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:17 pm

Thanks for your reply,

I am sorry but I heard that under new rules after 29th of feb anyone applying for ILR would need to present a biometric card at the time of their application. Is that not correct?

ban.s

Re: Brp

Post by ban.s » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:00 pm

ukisheadache wrote:
I am sorry but I heard that under new rules after 29th of feb anyone applying for ILR would need to present a biometric card at the time of their application. Is that not correct?
Not correct. Anyone applying on/after 29/2 will receive their ILR in biometric card format, not in traditional vignette format in the passport.

Smam

Post by Smam » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:24 pm

Hi

Please read the link below

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 040911.pdf

Its the guideline for new Set(o) form Ver 02/2012 and that explains a lot about the issuing of new BRP I believe that you dont have to apply separately for BRP if you are going to apply for PEO service.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:45 am

Smam wrote:Hi

Please read the link below

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 040911.pdf

Its the guideline for new Set(o) form Ver 02/2012 and that explains a lot about the issuing of new BRP I believe that you dont have to apply separately for BRP if you are going to apply for PEO service.
or when applying by post either.

RoyalFlush

Post by RoyalFlush » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:13 pm

Hi

I am hoping that someone can assist me on a similar topic relating to the new Biometric requirement.

I have booked for in person application for ILR a few weeks back prior to there being this new requirement for Biometrics. My appointment is on 29th of March. Do I need to get my Biometrics enrolled before then or will it just be a part of my appointment - ie. no further action required on my part?

Many thanks

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:14 pm

already answered in this thread.

RoyalFlush

Post by RoyalFlush » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:30 pm

Sorry if I am not understanding correctly but I would just like to be sure.

The original poster stated that they he/she WILL be applying - not sure if the appointment has already been booked.

My appointment has been booked (I have already applied) and am waiting for the date.

Sorry, again, I know this might seem like I am knit-picking but I just want to be sure.

Thank you

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:32 pm

you haven't applied yet, you have just booked an appointment. you will give biometrics at the PEO when you attend to make your application. there is no separate application for it.

RoyalFlush

Post by RoyalFlush » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:35 pm

Greenie, thank you very much for your clarrification. I really appreciate the fast response. Thank you.

orionsbelt
Newly Registered

Post by orionsbelt » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:08 pm

Hi Greenie
I'm sorry if you have allready answered this but Im confused.

My wife will apply for ILR on Apr 3 On SET M at Croydon.
Her biometerics were taken in Thailand 2 years ago, Last year I checked and was told she did not need a BRP. Now I read the new SET M and SET M guide and it seems must have one . But my question is what will happen to her passport on April 3rd will she get a passport stamp or BRP.
Every thing is perfectly correct and we jhave no problems.
Her Visa is Valid to 25th July and we need to travel in April and I thought we would get her passport back on the same day with her ILR stamp.
What will happen now.
Thank you and sorry for being so thick

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:17 pm

The answer is still the same as earlier in the thread.

You were told that she didn't need a BRP when she got the spouse visa because that was the case then, it has now changed, as you will have gathered from the form. She will apply for a BRP (and give her biometrics as part of her application for ILR), so no she won't get a vingette (sticker) on the day she will get a BRP, usually around 7 days later, providing that a same day decision is made.

this is the case for anyone who is applying for leave to remain for more than 6 months, or settlement (ILR), after 29th Feb 2012, whether they apply by post or in person - they will need to provide biometrics.

orionsbelt
Newly Registered

Post by orionsbelt » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:34 pm

Sorry
Thank you again
I have just found it all at the top of page 9 on the new SET M Guide.
I look but do not see,,, its an age thing!!!!!

In fact I think that its a good Idea as now the ILR Data is on the BRP,
it takes it out of the passport and all the hassle when renewing PP and might even help when arriving at LHR T3.

Thank you for the Forum and all the effort to maintain it.
its a great help.

Orion

Marian2012

Post by Marian2012 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:08 pm

A question please if they took my biometrics and fingerprints when I applied for my spousal visa in 2009 that means I should answer yes to the question do you have Biometric resident permit ?

Because after that says when expired ? and other questions that I dont see in the visa

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:08 pm

Marian2012 wrote:A question please if they took my biometrics and fingerprints when I applied for my spousal visa in 2009 that means I should answer yes to the question do you have Biometric resident permit ?

Because after that says when expired ? and other questions that I dont see in the visa
If you are talking about a spouse visa issued from outside the UK, this is not Biometric Residence Permit, it is a entry clearance vingette in your passport. A Biometric Residence Permit is a card containing a chip with your biometric details, issued for in country applications only.

Marian2012

Post by Marian2012 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:47 pm

Thanks a lot Greenie !!