ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (WP + Tier 1) next month - Pls help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rajesh321
Newly Registered

ILR (WP + Tier 1) next month - Pls help

Post by rajesh321 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:30 am

I am newbie on this thread but found it very helpful so far. I'll be applying ILR on WP+Tier1 next month however need some help with following questions:-

- At present, I am on Tier 1 however was on WP between 2007-2009, Can you pls tell me if my employer letter should mention SOC code for work permit. I have been with same employer throughout five years.
- I have traffic offence for speed on international driving license and appeared in court in 2005 however it is now more than 6 years. Shall I mention it on application.

Many Thanks

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:58 am

You don’t need to mention SOC code on your employer letter as you are no longer on WP. You still need WP letters to cover the period you were on WP.

The employer letter you need for your application would be same as in the case of any Tier-1 applicant applying for ILR, which should have your name, employment dates, job title and salary.

rkk

Post by rkk » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:27 pm

you don't need to mention spent(speeding is on ur licence 4 years) convictions... don't worry....u have to mention only unspent convictions. For u no worries.. all the best

rajesh321
Newly Registered

thanks

Post by rajesh321 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:58 pm

Thanks Linkers and RKK

Linkers, what are WP letter you suggested. Is it work permit original document only or any additional thing

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:25 pm

Hi Rajesh, I am no expert but from this forum you can see many similar cases:
1- if you have been with same employer then their letter certifying your employment history will serve as an evidence for your work permit years
2- WP letter is the original work permit docuemnt which was issued by home office, take it with you although in some cases they dont ask for it
3- P60 is very useful and they sometimes ask for it to cover the 5years but in your case at least the work permit years as it showes you were working for the employer stated on the work permit. So if you have all 5years worth then take them with you.
4- all of the bove docs in addition to your final year docuements needed for tier 1 points as stated in SET O
All the best, keep us updated, i am applying in May with similar case.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:09 pm

rajesh321: yes the WP letter is the original work permit document.

rajesh321
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by rajesh321 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:11 pm

Thanks all of you for valuable information.
I got one year P60 missing out of work permit although has photo copy of it(HR sent later). Also I rang home office for employment history document for full five years which should come soon. Fingers crossed It should be ok