ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent - Fellow and Senior Members Please advice

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Loveleen03
Newly Registered

Urgent - Fellow and Senior Members Please advice

Post by Loveleen03 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:05 pm

Hi All,

I am a silent member of this forum who has benefited a lot from experiences of other fellow members and also by the advice given by senior members. I have a query for my visa extension for which I really need advice.

My tier 1 visa is due to expire on 20th March this year. My son's visa is a tier 2 dependent visa (my husband) which is due to expire on same date as he was given a shorter validity because of my visa expiring soon. Our papers are ready and we went to a solicitor as we really need to go through the personal appointment way because we have a travel planned in end of april. Also we have this unique case of my son being on a different visa and having an expiry same as mine. Most of our documents like birth certificate my maternity proof is also common in both our applications.

The solicitor initially told us a date for 1st week of march and later said UK home office have stopped all appointments bcz of system being down. She is trying to get us a personal appointment but said she might be able to get a appt for 18 March which is just 2 days before my expiry. I am worried as it is quite close and she also said the confirmation will only come 2 weeks before. I really don't know how UK home office work through their appointment systems but I was hoping even if I get for 18th I should be good. However as of today, I don't have a confirmation for 18th and I am a bit worried of a case I heard from a fellow member who had his appointment cancelled at last minute.

What do you all advice. Should we wait for the solicitor to try getting us an appt for 18th march and if we are lucky both I and my son go to that appointment or I should apply in post and wait for 2 months..I will have to cancel my travel in that case for which I will also loose some money.

Kindly advice.

Many thanks in advance

shahjee11

Post by shahjee11 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:50 pm

Though I am a junior member but in my opinion, you can wait till 18th of March. If you are not able to get an appointment then just send the documents through the post through royal mail special delivery before the end date of your visa. In postal application, HO considers the date of application on which you send the application by post.

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Re: Urgent - Fellow and Senior Members Please advice

Post by pgaitonde » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:51 pm

Loveleen03 wrote:Hi All,

I am a silent member of this forum who has benefited a lot from experiences of other fellow members and also by the advice given by senior members. I have a query for my visa extension for which I really need advice.

My tier 1 visa is due to expire on 20th March this year. My son's visa is a tier 2 dependent visa (my husband) which is due to expire on same date as he was given a shorter validity because of my visa expiring soon. Our papers are ready and we went to a solicitor as we really need to go through the personal appointment way because we have a travel planned in end of april. Also we have this unique case of my son being on a different visa and having an expiry same as mine. Most of our documents like birth certificate my maternity proof is also common in both our applications.

The solicitor initially told us a date for 1st week of march and later said UK home office have stopped all appointments bcz of system being down. She is trying to get us a personal appointment but said she might be able to get a appt for 18 March which is just 2 days before my expiry. I am worried as it is quite close and she also said the confirmation will only come 2 weeks before. I really don't know how UK home office work through their appointment systems but I was hoping even if I get for 18th I should be good. However as of today, I don't have a confirmation for 18th and I am a bit worried of a case I heard from a fellow member who had his appointment cancelled at last minute.

What do you all advice. Should we wait for the solicitor to try getting us an appt for 18th march and if we are lucky both I and my son go to that appointment or I should apply in post and wait for 2 months..I will have to cancel my travel in that case for which I will also loose some money.

Kindly advice.

Many thanks in advance
Which visa do you have?
What do you mean by this statement?
My son's visa is a tier 2 dependent visa (my husband) ??

Loveleen03
Newly Registered

Post by Loveleen03 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:04 am

I am on Tier 1 and my son is a Tier 2 dependent

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Post by pgaitonde » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:06 am

Loveleen03 wrote:I am on Tier 1 and my son is a Tier 2 dependent
Tier 2 dependent of ur husband..

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:08 am

What visa does your husband have then?

*Dependant visa category can only be changed from outside the country.

**Second opinion needed from the senior members.
Give me more Karma (+)

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Post by pgaitonde » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:13 am

According to the UKBA website the following applies for your son. As your son is a dependent already and switching to the dependent category of ur visa, i think it is fine..
OR
If your child is born in the UK then you dont need to extend his visa with you. You can do it later once your visa is granted.

How you can switch in to the dependant route
You can apply for permission to stay here as the dependant of a highly skilled worker without having to leave the United Kingdom and apply for entry clearance if your last grant of entry clearance or permission to stay here was as the partner or child of:

an innovator;
a participant in the Fresh Talent: Working in Scotland Scheme;
a participant in the International Graduates Scheme (or the previous Science and Engineering Graduates Scheme);
a postgraduate doctor or dentist,
a student;
a student nurse;
a student re-sitting an examination;
a student writing up a thesis; or
a work permit holder.

Senior members can clarify more on this

Loveleen03
Newly Registered

Post by Loveleen03 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:35 pm

Thanks thats very helpful