ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Very Urgent - Tier 4 Extension

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

futurelinks
Newly Registered

Post by futurelinks » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:04 pm

I have received tier 4 general extension visa decision today. According to residence permit my visa is expiring tomorrow.
I am leaving with family and it is very hard to pack up and leave the country in one day. Can I get temporary extension any other category for few months.
Urgent help please!

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:58 pm

One day visa? How it can be possible?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:50 pm

I assume he means he was refused an extension and only has one day left before his leave expires.

Op assuming this is the case for what reason was your application refused?

futurelinks
Newly Registered

Post by futurelinks » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:01 pm

Thanks for response.
Actually my application has not refused. Matter of fact I had CAS letter for two months to re-sit the examination.
The Home Office took long time to decide my application and by the time I received the visa it had one day left.
Is there any way I can extend my stay for few months so that I wind up my things.
Please response urgently!

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Very Urgent - Tier 4 Extension

Post by Greenie » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:02 pm

futurelinks wrote:Thanks for response.
Actually my application has not refused. Matter of fact I had CAS letter for two months to re-sit the examination.
The Home Office took long time to decide my application and by the time I received the visa it had one day left.
Is there any way I can extend my stay for few months so that I wind up my things.
Please response urgently!
when did your course end - what was the end date on your CAS?

when did the UKBA grant the application?

when did you recieve the BRP?

futurelinks
Newly Registered

Post by futurelinks » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:08 pm

Thanks! Course end date was 27/01/2012. Visa granted till 02/03/12. Visa issue date is 27/02/12 and I received the Residence Permit on 01/03/2012

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:28 pm

I am really sad to see this. I know it will be very painful for you to decide what to do in just one day. They actually force you to overstay and get re-entry bans or make an out of time application with another visa fee, which they can refuse with some stupid reason without appeal rights. UKBA charges a high amount as visa fee and issuing one day/four days visas, which is disgusting and really unethical. Whatever the reasons behind or not, they should at least provide you 16 to 28 days. The case officer ridiculously issue you 4 days visa. It’s a mental torture for why you are in UK as student. Even a single student cannot pack up and go home within this time frame.

You have your options open how you plan for tomorrow but I think, legally, you have only two following options:

1.) If there are any chances, arrange another CAS with appropriate course, time and money requirements and apply for visa again.
2.) Leave UK within 28 days or before or ASAP.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:45 pm

futurelinks wrote:Thanks! Course end date was 27/01/2012. Visa granted till 02/03/12. Visa issue date is 27/02/12 and I received the Residence Permit on 01/03/2012
what was the start date of the course?

futurelinks
Newly Registered

Post by futurelinks » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:26 am

Thanks for a quick reply.
If I leave the UK within 28 days after expiry of the visa, would my stay within 28 days be considered legal under immigration rule?

ayoadebayo
Newly Registered

Post by ayoadebayo » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:50 am

futurelinks wrote:Thanks! Course end date was 27/01/2012. Visa granted till 02/03/12. Visa issue date is 27/02/12 and I received the Residence Permit on 01/03/2012
I was in same situation and they granted four extra months. How come your situation is different?

My initial course end date was september 30 2011 and was initially granted visa till 31 January 2012. I was referred in my project and my course end date was changed to 27th February 2012.I had to apply for extension through my university on January 18th and today,they granted visa till 1st July.So am just confused about your case.

sailesh

Post by sailesh » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:00 pm

i would recommend to write to Home office and ask them for a month as you need to sell or collect all your stuff and you will need time to book a ticket ##

one thing is book a ticket which will be few week away then take the copy of ticket receipt etc and write to ho explaining your issue #

it is a fifty fifty

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:04 pm

sailesh wrote:i would recommend to write to Home office and ask them for a month as you need to sell or collect all your stuff and you will need time to book a ticket ##

one thing is book a ticket which will be few week away then take the copy of ticket receipt etc and write to ho explaining your issue #

it is a fifty fifty
UKBA do not give further time to 'book tickets' or 'sell stuff'. The OP needs to leave within 28 days of the date of expiry to avoid a future ban. There may have been a mistake with the length of leave granted but as he has not responded to my question about the start date of the course it is not possible to comment further.