ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Restricted COS Job Title

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tassos
Newly Registered

Restricted COS Job Title

Post by tassos » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:31 pm

Hi,

I am on a PSW Visa and would like to switch to Tier 2 visa. I am falling under the category of software professionals (Programmer 26K).

1) I am confused about the job title for my COS, My HR department wants to set the same job title 'Programmer ' for my COS.

2) In my employer profiles there is a section of Tier 2 General under which there is a expire date of 5th April, 2012 and the limit is 0. It means I can't apply for the COS or I should get my COS before 5th April,2012.

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:14 am

First of all as you are trying to Switch from PSW to TIER2 your HR must assign a Unrestricted COS. If they make a mistake here their license will be revoked.

1. What's the confusion here? If you are a programmer then you are a programmer. Unless you are a game programmer it will be a different COS I believe. See if the programmer SOC description matches with your actual job description. If yes then you are fine. I don't see a problem here?

2. When is your PSW expires and when you are planning to switch to Tier2?

As with regards to the expiry see below
From 6th April 2011, all Tier 2 General and Tier 2 ICT allocations are subject to a fixed allocation period that runs from 6th April to 5th April the following year. If you are licensed in Tier 2 General and/or Tier 2 ICT and this allocation is due to expire, you can request an allocation of unrestricted CoS up to 3 months in advance of your allocation expiry date but your new allocation will only be available from the 6th April. If you need additional unrestricted CoS before the end of your Tier 2 General and /or ICT allocation year, you must use the ?Request allocation increase? function on your SMS account to request them.
So your employer must request the annual allocation if needed. As your employer has a limit of 0 this means he still hasn't requested a COS. If your PSW doesn't expire before April 2012 then your employer can request an allocation of 1 COS. On 5th April 2012 You will receive the allocation. Then it can be assigned to you.

If your visa expires before 5th April 2012 Your employer must request a Request allocation increase (Via SMS -> View and edit sponsor profile -> Request allocation increase -> Add request) and keep in mind the time it takes for this additional allocation varies from 24hrs to 4 weeks (From historic data posted here)

Any other questions fire away :wink:
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on :)