ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA tier 2 changes and break the link to settelment

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

linux44
BANNED

UKBA tier 2 changes and break the link to settelment

Post by linux44 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:00 am

hi gents/ladies,

I received the following email update from UKBA

"Automatic settlement for skilled workers to end

Posted: 29 Feb 2012 07:04 AM PST
As part of the government's commitment to reviewing the immigration system, a consultation was launched last summer proposing reforms to employment-related settlement, Tier 5 and overseas domestic worker routes. Damian Green has today announced the government's response to this consultation.
"
further info at
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... st+news%29

It basically says that for tier 2 general to be qualified for settelment after 5 year they will have to be paid above 35 k which is quite high.

I guess this is just a proposal from immegration ministry and will be considered by goverment ? or is it going to be implemented?

normally looking at the post study route it normally takes around 1 year or so to implement something so is this usually the case for them to finalise and implement something?

In addition, i appreciate any suggestions and opinion based on how UKBA normally behave on whether the long residency will be wiped or not

thanks
Last edited by linux44 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:36 am

'gents'? You are aware that this is not a males only forum?

Please see thread below on this matter. It is not just a proposal and the changes will be implemented from April with the 35 k limit applying from 2016. Read the statement of intent which you will find in the thread below and which explains things in more detail.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... c&start=60

linux44
BANNED

Post by linux44 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:52 am

sorry it was not intentional, i guess this means if I am on tier2 sponsored and then apply for settelment after 2016 which will be the case then 35K is the minimum salary.

can you use compound salary from two sources of self employment and full time job or the 35k refers to 1 job, i guess it is the latter case

thanks

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:54 am

linux44 wrote:sorry it was not intentional, i guess this means if I am on tier2 sponsored and then apply for settelment after 2016 which will be the case then 35K is the minimum salary.

can you use compound salary from two sources of self employment and full time job or the 35k refers to 1 job, i guess it is the latter case

thanks
please continue in the existing thread a link for which is provided above. Read the statement of intent which answers your question.

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:02 am

linux44 wrote:sorry it was not intentional, i guess this means if I am on tier2 sponsored and then apply for settelment after 2016 which will be the case then 35K is the minimum salary.

thanks
You can't be on self-employment when you are on TIER2. Yes you are right 35K must come from 1 job and you must be employed by a sponsor who is registered with home office.
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on :)

h_s_b
Newly Registered

Post by h_s_b » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:42 am

Does this 35K rule for settlement apply to Tier 2 ICT category as well? However, I am still not sure, if Tier 2 ICT is now valid for ILR or settlement. Could someone confirm and also the timeline for eligiblity for ILR (with maximum allowed stay outside UK)?

Agastya80

Post by Agastya80 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:26 pm

h_s_b wrote:Does this 35K rule for settlement apply to Tier 2 ICT category as well? However, I am still not sure, if Tier 2 ICT is now valid for ILR or settlement. Could someone confirm and also the timeline for eligiblity for ILR (with maximum allowed stay outside UK)?
check here

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... t/#header1
Thanks!

h_s_b
Newly Registered

Post by h_s_b » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:22 pm

Thankyou Agastya,

So, does it mean that if I came to UK after April 2010 on Tier 2 ICT then I am not eligible for Settlement?

Also, it states continous 5 years. So, is it without any kind of gap in between?

Kindly advise.