ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

de facto with a EU holder, can this be recognised for....

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

uk-nz-gem
Newly Registered

de facto with a EU holder, can this be recognised for....

Post by uk-nz-gem » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:05 pm

purposes in the UK?

I am a NZ'er. My other half, is German. We have been together for 2 years..lived together and been on big holidays together etc.. so proof should be easy..

but I am wondering it was possible whereby I have same rights as an EU person in the UK?

Thanks
Flying Kiwi

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: de facto with a EU holder, can this be recognised for...

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:28 pm

uk-nz-gem wrote:purposes in the UK?

I am a NZ'er. My other half, is German. We have been together for 2 years..lived together and been on big holidays together etc.. so proof should be easy..

but I am wondering it was possible whereby I have same rights as an EU person in the UK?

Thanks
Flying Kiwi
Not sure what your circumstances are, but if you are both in the UK and your partner is German and exercising treaty rights, then you could apply for a residence card. You would need to demonstrate that you are an other "family member" of an EU national, ie de-facto spouse first - it's not automatic. If you were married then it would be automatic.

uk-nz-gem
Newly Registered

Post by uk-nz-gem » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:50 am

Hi,

thanks for the reply and help.

just to add to the situation.

yes we are both currently in UK. We are not married.

We both are working in the UK at the moment and she's using her German Passport.

But I will research this residency card.

Thanks heaps again
Flying kiwi

isw_london
Newly Registered

Post by isw_london » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:16 am

Hi, I recommend checking out some of the other boards on this site for info on EEA2 applications.

Also, not sure what visa you are on currently but note that as an unmarried partner, you will not get the right to work while they are processing your application, so your current visa needs to be valid through that whole time until they make a decision (which can be up to 6 months).

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:23 pm

Do you have a family life together, for instance bought a house together, or had kids, or have a lease together?