ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied jointly but kids got citizenship letters directly

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rehan1000
Newly Registered

Applied jointly but kids got citizenship letters directly

Post by rehan1000 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:07 pm

Hi,
I have a strange and interesting issue, may be any one had this experience ? I applied for citizenship as a joint application (two adults + three minors) but after about three months, just got today citizenship letters of children and no update of adults. I got an impression that child gets citizenship letter directly if apply alone and normally gets the certificate in a ceremony.
Will call home office on Monday but asked here may be any one got the same experience.
Cheers.

jaffar
- thin ice -

Post by jaffar » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:18 pm

Hi Rehan

Congrats on kids getting citizenship letters.I am planing to apply for 2 adults and one child and did u used MN1 Form for Kid and applied for Registration.

I would be eligible to apply for BC in Aug 2012.

Thank you.

Regards
Jaffar

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Applied jointly but kids got citizenship letters directl

Post by Greenie » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:40 pm

rehan1000 wrote:Hi,
I have a strange and interesting issue, may be any one had this experience ? I applied for citizenship as a joint application (two adults + three minors) but after about three months, just got today citizenship letters of children and no update of adults. I got an impression that child gets citizenship letter directly if apply alone and normally gets the certificate in a ceremony.
Will call home office on Monday but asked here may be any one got the same experience.
Cheers.
children don't attend ceremonies. Were they born in the UK?

rehan1000
Newly Registered

Post by rehan1000 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:46 pm

Hi Greenie,
One child is UK born while the other two born outside the UK.
Also no information at all why they didn't send the update about the adults.
Regards.

ILR_Applicant_UK

Re: Applied jointly but kids got citizenship letters directl

Post by ILR_Applicant_UK » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:43 pm

children don't attend ceremonies. Were they born in the UK?
Kids don't attend the oath ceremony, but their naturalisation certificate gets sent to the local council all the same, not mailed to the parents home; you can go and pick them up anytime. Unless there is a specific urgent need, most parents pick up their kids certs when they goto the council for their oath taking ceremony.

Riz

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:15 pm

This should be a good indication on your application as the non UK born child approval is conditional on your approval.