ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR-SET(O) Success at Croydon-28Feb2012 (WP-Tier2)+Checking

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

plaistow2005
Newly Registered

ILR-SET(O) Success at Croydon-28Feb2012 (WP-Tier2)+Checking

Post by plaistow2005 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:30 am

Just want to shear my experience with you and you may want to use this experience to improve your case.

I have checked my SET(O) application for the main applicant (Female) + two dependants (spouse and a child born abroad) using Southwark Nationality Checking Service on 7 Feb 2012 then book the next abatable appointment for Croydon on 28 Feb 2012 at 10.30 am.
Checking my application cost me £78 and helped me to make sure my application is correct.

I applied for ILR on 28th Feb at Croydon PEO. I was on WorkPermit (4yr) + Tier 2 general (1yr). My WorkPermit approved on 22 Feb 2007, arrived in UK 27 Feb 2007.
My total absences were 113 days in 5 years with maximum single absence of 26 days.

• 10:00 am, arrived (appointment was for 10.30am). Parked the car in NCP Dingwall Road (£5 per day)
• 10:18, security check at the door then wait in queue (the lady who asked me to stay in the queue was check the version of my SET (O) first then asked me to stay in the queue).
• 10:37, called for counter, at the counter the documents (form+pasports+emp letter) was checked then gave a ticket number and asked to go to first floor for payment.
• 10:44, paid 2700 pounds and got the receipt, asked to say at the same floor in the waiting area.
• 11:10, my ticket called to see the case worker (a mature white lady, polite but not friendly). Case worker asked for whatever I have for this application and their copy. She then asked us to leave the counter and wait (not too much communication was occurred, she even did not asked who the main applicant is).
I was providing her the following:
1- Form SET (O)
2- Passports of 3 people (current + previous)
3- Bank statement (main account 12 months)
4- Bank statement (saving account 6 months)
5- Payslip (12 months)
6- P 60 (5 years)
7- Employer Letter confirming my employer status and SOC
8- Employer Letter confirming my absence
9- Two Pictures of each applicant
10- Council Tax bill (5 years on both names)
11- Bill (EDF, Water Thames, BT), (6 bills covering 2 years on both names)
12- Police registration card (for both of us)
13- Life in the UK test certificate (for both of us)
• 12:10, case worker called us and said she cancelled our police registration as it no more is needed. She then asked to wait to collect he passport as she granted us ILR.
• 3:00 pm, we collected our passports with the Settlement /Indefinite visa sticker on (non-biometric), we left the building.

Suggestions:
1- Checking the application cost me £78. It may help to make sure the application is correct but not recommended for people who have good knowledge about the rules. I am sure the information is provided in this website is sufficient to manage your document. As the lady in checking service told me it has been designed for people who have poor knowledge about the rules or can’t fill the application by themselves.
2- Taking young children with you in PEO is a big mistake as there is not enough facility for these children and makes you mad while you are waiting in a boring waiting area.
3- Take enough food and drink with you and prepare yourself for a long waiting as you cannot expect what will happen next.
4- I was thinking if I get the success I will jump, shout, lough, big smile …. but nothing happened as I was so tired after a long waiting in a very boring room. I was more likely in a dream for hours after got my ILR and when I reached home slept early. But the next day I was quite happy and smiley and made a family party for this big success.
5- I wish all of you a success for your application. Please ask me a question if you thick I can answer it.

arjun_wp

Re: ILR-SET(O) Success at Croydon-28Feb2012 (WP-Tier2)+Check

Post by arjun_wp » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:35 pm

Hi,
Congrats for ILR.
Can you please advice me regarding the passport?
I have to apply for ILR soon, and i renewed my passport last year. Which passport details i should mention in the form:-

old one (where WP is stamped)
or
new one

Many thanks in advance

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:10 pm

The new one.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

arjun_wp