ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can't go back to non-fee paying school, what to do?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dannysaurus
Newly Registered

Can't go back to non-fee paying school, what to do?

Post by Dannysaurus » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:15 am

Ohai.

I'm a Singaporean national and I've been in Ireland since 1st year, and right now, I'm in 6th year (technically).

Recently (around September-ish) my mom lost her job, which in effect, doesn't entitle me to go to a non fee-paying school anymore (according to an immigration officer in Bandon). I've been out of school since... November? Since then, we've returned to Singapore. In the same breath, I would really like to be able to complete my Leaving Cert, and my parents are up for funding me going back to Ireland on my own. I'm 19 this 24th, if that might help determining my ability to on the guardianship bits.

Would there be any provisions that might allow me to return to that same school and actually finish it there? Having been in Ireland since 1st year, it's quite a waste to actually have everything end so suddenly with a rather short time frame left.

adlexy

Re: Can't go back to non-fee paying school, what to do?

Post by adlexy » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:58 pm

Dannysaurus wrote:Ohai.

I'm a Singaporean national and I've been in Ireland since 1st year, and right now, I'm in 6th year (technically).

Recently (around September-ish) my mom lost her job, which in effect, doesn't entitle me to go to a non fee-paying school anymore (according to an immigration officer in Bandon). I've been out of school since... November? Since then, we've returned to Singapore. In the same breath, I would really like to be able to complete my Leaving Cert, and my parents are up for funding me going back to Ireland on my own. I'm 19 this 24th, if that might help determining my ability to on the guardianship bits.

Would there be any provisions that might allow me to return to that same school and actually finish it there? Having been in Ireland since 1st year, it's quite a waste to actually have everything end so suddenly with a rather short time frame left.
Sad one. However, I am sure that you can go back to the same school as long as you can get a certified guardian.

If your parents have friends here, they may be the first point of contacts first to see who will be willing to allow you stay with them just so you can complete your LC.

All the best