ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa waiting time

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Hoch
Newly Registered

Spouse visa waiting time

Post by Hoch » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:50 pm

Can anyone tell me the waiting time from application to granting a Spouse visa. :?:

UK citizen married 5 years overseas to non-EU citizen, her first time to UK

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:55 pm

What happened to the Spouse visa application for Ireland mentioned in this post?
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#601767

Hoch
Newly Registered

Post by Hoch » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:06 am

Casa wrote:What happened to the Spouse visa application for Ireland mentioned in this post?
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#601767
:) I'm trying to find out the timeframe for Spouse visas in other 'popular' countries. Reason being I got my spouse visa in 10 working days in my spouse's country which is a model of bureaucracy and bribes - yet I just paid the standard $25 and got visa at time promised ( 10 working days ) :)

It would also be technically possible for me to have dual citizenship so I'd be looking at that angle. Our government is cutting back so much lately that 1 person wrote in the newspapers that he got a UK passport in a fraction of the time it'd take to issue 1 here , so maybe they do spouse visas likewise :lol:

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:58 am

This must be one of the most confusing queries!
You have a spouse visa...but you now want to apply for a visa for your non-EU Spouse :?
You'll have to explain more clearly. What nationality does your spouse have and where will she be applying? You say you are a UK citizen...but then mention you could apply for dual nationality. 'Our Government'...is this Irish?

Hoch
Newly Registered

Post by Hoch » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:53 pm

Casa wrote:This must be one of the most confusing queries!
You have a spouse visa...but you now want to apply for a visa for your non-EU Spouse :?
You'll have to explain more clearly. What nationality does your spouse have and where will she be applying? You say you are a UK citizen...but then mention you could apply for dual nationality. 'Our Government'...is this Irish?
I have a 'Spouse visa' in her country - it took 10days to process, without bribes ! I can live there or travel freely, whereas she cannot travel freely or work for 9-12 months in my country - IRL, but I COULD apply for a UK passport based on my parents and I would then have dual nationality ! THEN it would be open to me to apply to the UK for a spouse visa, so THAT'S why I was asking what the timeframe was - to compare spouse visa waiting times between IRL / UK as I don't think it's fair to restrict my spouse for 9-12 months of 'isolation' when she was used to travelling and running a business in her country before she was 'unlucky' to marry me ???? :P