ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work permit 18Months+Tier 1 general 3yrs = ILR eligibility?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nefax
Newly Registered

Work permit 18Months+Tier 1 general 3yrs = ILR eligibility?

Post by nefax » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:17 pm

Hi

Looking for an advice please and thanks in advance for the great assistance you all provide. All of the following were granted while in UK.

1- I was granted SEGS after completing my Msc.
SEGS Date of issue 29 Dec -2005 Valid until 20Dec-2006

2- Then my employer hired a solicitor to apply for Work permit. And they had to re advertise the job, the company went through merger etc long story.
then I was issued Work permit for 18 Months instead of 2 years which my employer applied for.
Work permit issue date 27 Sep 2007 Valid until 27 Mar 2009

3- Then I applied for Tier 1 General which was issued on 5-May-2009 Valid Until 05-May 2012

I am approximately 4 months and 20 days short for my 5 years for ILR . Or 3 months 22 days short from 5 years -28 days before expiry.

Please advise if I need apply for Tier 1 General extension for 2 years and then apply for ILR after 31-Aug-2012 or can I apply for ILR before the expiry of my current Tier 1 general (which is expiring on 5 may 2012).

Response will be highly appreciated.
Thanks

Smam

Get An Extension

Post by Smam » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:54 am

Hi
To the best of my understading the rule for settlement clearly states that you have to stay here as WP,Tier 1 or Tier 2 Visa holder for a continous period of 5 years without a maximum abscense of no more than 180 days in 5 years time period.

I hope that my answer will help you making the right decision regarding your visa status.