ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What is the requirement for accomidation?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Gompho
Newly Registered

What is the requirement for accomidation?

Post by Gompho » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:32 pm

So I'll be applying for a visa for my spouse soon.

I'm a UK citizen and she is a Canadian citizen.

I have employment and will be starting in May. We want to travel together and not have to have me go over first. One of the requirements for the visa is that she has accommodation.

It's extremely hard to rent an apartment before we go over, not only that but how do we know if we want to live there without seeing it.

Can someone clarify what's sufficient for that requirement?

We would like to just stay in a hotel when we first get there and then go look at apartments. Is a receipt for a hotel booking sufficient to meet the requirement?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:03 pm

It is unlikely that a spouse visa will be granted on the basis of a hotel booking.You will need to have more secure accommodation etc. Rented property or with a family or friend who are prepared to let you stay with them till you are in a position to find your own place.......but hotel booking in my opinion will not be accepted. :(

I know you don't want to come apart from each other, but my advise is for you to come first and look for a place by which time you spouse may be granted the visa and she can come in by herself a few weeks later. :wink:

Gompho
Newly Registered

Post by Gompho » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:20 pm

If I was to stay with family or friends, what do you think that I would have to produce to that affect?

Do you think that a letter from the property owners stating that we will be staying there and maybe them saying how many rooms are in the house would suffice?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:27 pm

Yes you will need a letter from your friends or relatives that both you and your wife can stay with them in their property for a short while till you find your own place.

The person will have to produce a copy of title deeds to show its their own property, but if they live in a rented place, then copy of their tenancy agreement with a letter from landlords saying it is OK for you to stay in that property.

That should suffice

Gompho
Newly Registered

Post by Gompho » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:29 pm

Looks like a letter from a family member with a deed is what I'm going to have to get then.

At least I have someone to ask.

Thanks for your help everyone