ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

fiancée visa question

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

uksponge
Newly Registered

fiancée visa question

Post by uksponge » Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:31 pm

my fiancee is in the usa we are getting married here in the uk and im in the uk.a couple of questions

1. do i have to send my original passport or just a copy as i have to work abroad next week.

2. if a copy is good does it have to be notirized or is just a copy good enough.

3. do i have to send a letter of declaration that im not married or have never been married before. if so what is this called and where do i get it.i tryed the registar at birth deaths and marriages but she had never heard of such thing.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:41 pm

Using your numbering :-
  1. The fiancée visa application in the US will need to be accompanied with either your actual passport, or a certified copy of the passport
  2. You can get a certified copy of your passport from any Solicitor. There is no fixed price. Before actually going along to the Solcitor you might like to phone up say three firms and ask for their price. You can go to a Notary Public instead of a Solicitor, but only if you want to pay significantly more!
  3. Given that you are asking these questions, have you read the INF4 Guidance Notes? If not, click here to download a copy.
Given that your fiancée will be applying to her fiancée visa in the US, lots more at www.BritainUSA.com , including details of how to apply online.
John

uksponge
Newly Registered

Post by uksponge » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:07 pm

cheers john
i have read those but its never as clear as to what you really have to do.ive got a notarised copy of my passport now as i have to go to spain for work on sunday.