ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When do I get my passport back after PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

1sppandey

When do I get my passport back after PEO

Post by 1sppandey » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:46 pm

Hi,

I am on general tier 1 and have my PEO appointment at croydon on 10th April for ILR application.

Its a bit of a silly question I guess, but do we get the passports back the same day..?? as my wife has as exam on 15th apr and she needs her passport as ID proof for that exam..!!!

thanks in advance

friend12345

Re: When do I get my passport back after PEO

Post by friend12345 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:47 pm

1sppandey wrote:Hi,

I am on general tier 1 and have my PEO appointment at croydon on 10th April for ILR application.

Its a bit of a silly question I guess, but do we get the passports back the same day..?? as my wife has as exam on 15th apr and she needs her passport as ID proof for that exam..!!!

thanks in advance
If your application will be successful then you get your passports back the same day with ILR stamped.
Good Luck

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:10 pm

friend12345 wrote: If your application will be successful then you get your passports back the same day with ILR stamped.
Good Luck
ILR vignettes are no longer issued on passport instead you'll now get a BRP.

I "guess" you'll get your passport back once a decision is reached at PEO and subsequently BRP will arrive after 2-3 weeks by post.

1sppandey

Post by 1sppandey » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:58 pm

ban.s wrote:
friend12345 wrote: If your application will be successful then you get your passports back the same day with ILR stamped.
Good Luck
ILR vignettes are no longer issued on passport instead you'll now get a BRP.

I "guess" you'll get your passport back once a decision is reached at PEO and subsequently BRP will arrive after 2-3 weeks by post.
Thats what i was a bit confused about as I know tht now they issue the Biometric cards. As long as I get the passports back thats fine..!!

the_ilr_boy
Newly Registered

Post by the_ilr_boy » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:46 pm

I just had mine yesterday and was successful for ILR/Settlement.

If you are successful, then you get your passport and all your documents back as well as a generic letter, but there is no stamp in your passport - you need to wait 7-10 working days for your biometric residence permit.

They advise that you should not travel until you receive this (as this would become your entry clearance to return back into the UK).