ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change Of Employment while in Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rubzye
Newly Registered

Change Of Employment while in Tier 2

Post by rubzye » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:05 pm

Hi all,

I did look through this forum for an answer under this application and could not find anything recent and therefore I created a new topic.

My friend is currently under Tier 2 visa and she would like to change her employment. Her new employer is willing to issue her the COS. However, what we are not certain is, does the new employer will need to do the RMLT test or can this be exempted?

Am I right in understanding, that she would have to go through the same process of her initial Tier 2 application, however the only difference is that she initially switched from PSW and now she is switching employer and will be applying for Tier 2 again. Which means her new employer would have to do the test?

Thank you very much for your help in advance!! Really appreciate it!!

Link-Law Associates
BANNED

Post by Link-Law Associates » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:48 am

Your employer will be required to carry out RLMT unless you are earning over £150,000pa or your position is on the shortage occupation list; or you are an ICT

If you require any further help you can email me at info@spammer.com or visit our website www.spammer.com for more information