ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success -Less than 3 months between EC and date of entry

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Chakri
Newly Registered

ILR Success -Less than 3 months between EC and date of entry

Post by Chakri » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:37 am

Hello All,

I would like to thank everyone on this forum for all their help and support
Also would like to share my experience in regards to my ILR application made at Croydon PEO yesterday.

Got my HSMP visa on 27/03/2007, entered UK on 10/06/2007
got my tier 1 extened after two years - valid from 27/03/2009 to 27/03/2012

I had an appointment yesterday at 10:30, was allowed to enter the building exactly 30 mins before.
After security check, was sent to a counter, where she checked the application form (looked it she was checking first few pages)
and was issued a token number and stamped my application as 'Valid'.

Then sent to the payment counter, paid the amount using my Mastercard (informed the card provider a day before regarding the transaction)
Payment went through without any issues. Was then asked to sit in the waiting area.

We were then called at the window, the lady asked for our application, photographs and passport.
She did some checks on our system looking at our passports and then wrote something on the application form and said that we will be called
again to give our biometrics. Gave our biometrics after 10 mins of waiting and then again back to the waiting area.

After 15 minutes, our token number was called at the one of the windows, where a lady asked to give all the supporting documents
and said that she is not the case worker and said that I need to come back to the same window after 2 hours.

I was a bit surprised as I will not be getting a chance to meet the case worker when my application is being processed.
Then its waiting time.. was sitting there in the waiting area and then after an hour, our token number was called, the lady handed us all
our documents and said that we will be receiving our Biometric cards in 7-10 working days.

Surprised again for the quick processing time. Also was expecting the case worker to return the documents and update me with the outcome.
Not sure, if its the same for everybody in Croydon PEO that you might not get a chance to meet the case worker.

List of documents submitted.

1. Set(O) application form
2. Covering letter
3. Last 12 months bank statements(latest one - got a prinout from HSBC branch to show recent Feb salary)
4. Last 12 months pay slips
5. Employer letter
6. LIUK pass notification - myself and my wife
7. Cohabitation documents ( NHS, Electoral roll, bank statements, British Gas, Thames water, Sky) - around 20 docs in total
8. HMRC employment history

Also submitted my education qualifications, Tier 1 and HSMP approval letters,Marriage certificate just in case.

I have carried loads of other documents as backup. Payslips covering last 5 years, bank statments and other cohabitation documents.

I am happy to answer any questions you have and good luck to everyone.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:09 pm

Congrats Chakri: I am surprised that you were not formally told about the outcome of your application by the CW.

Also if you were relying on the same qualification as you did at the time of your previous application(s), you didn’t have to provide them for ILR.

mghe

Post by mghe » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:43 pm

Hi Chakri,

Congrats on the success!!! Did you spouse get the ILR too. How come they did not question the 2 year completion? My wife has a gap for the 2 yr completion so the UKBA advised to go for the FLR(M) instead.

Rgds,
Deesh

yvr_1978
Newly Registered

Post by yvr_1978 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:54 pm

Congrats chakri: Did CW asked anything about Entry clearance date and UK entry date for 5 years stay?

My case:

Got my HSMP visa on o5/06/2007 and entered UK on 18/08/2007.
Got my tier 1 extended after two years - valid from 27/04/2009 to 27/04/2012. I have 40 days shortfall for my 5 years. So gone for Second Extension.
Got my tier 1 second extension - Valid from 05/01/2012 to 27/04/2014.
I entered to UK after 75 days, which is less than 90 day.

My question is:

When I am eligible to apply ILR? Will it be 28 day before EC date or UK entry Date?

I will appreciate your replies.
Thanks in advance.
YVR

man4uni

Post by man4uni » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:08 pm

Gratz Chakri for your successful process :D

Thank you for sharing the detailed info too :)

man4uni

Post by man4uni » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:12 pm

Chakri - Can you also please pass the format for the Covering letter ?

Thanks in advance.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:17 pm

yvr_1978; As per the modernised guidance which allows people to apply 28 days before the 5th anniversary of EC date (as long as you entered within 90 days of getting the visa which you did. So you can apply 28 days before 05 Jun 2012.

yvr_1978
Newly Registered

Post by yvr_1978 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:16 pm

Hi Linkers,
Thanks for your quick reply.
YVR