ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Quickest way to enroll biometric information

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rbhatia812
Newly Registered

Quickest way to enroll biometric information

Post by rbhatia812 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:20 am

Hello,

I've applied for a Tier 1 general extension and am currently awaiting a letter so that I can book an appointment for my biometric data.

Just wondering, what has the experience been of people enrolling their biometric data at a PostOffice as opposed to the PEO centres - is it quicker to go to the PostOffice? Do people receive their passports and biometric permits quicker if they go through the Postoffice option or vice versa?

Thanks for your replies.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:44 am

Post Office is the easiest, fastest and most expensive biometric option.

You don't need an appointment to go to a Post office but need a Barcoded letter. As you don't have to wait for an appointment it reduces the wait time.
Give me more Karma (+)

anjalimaj
Newly Registered

Post by anjalimaj » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:11 am

Sam is right. I heard Post office is the quickest way. But I guess, if you have dependants, then you may have to get PEO appointments as Post office cannot take the biometrics for the family and it can be used only for sole applicants. Sam, Please correct me if I am wrong.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:21 am

Yes you are right...you can't provide biometrics at a post office if you don't receive a barcoded letter.

Applicants with dependants do not receive a barcoded letter and hence cannot provide biometrics at the post office. UKBA guidance on Biometrics also states the same.
Give me more Karma (+)

rbhatia812
Newly Registered

Post by rbhatia812 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:37 am

Thanks for the quick replies. I am a sole applicant, so I am guessing I should receive a barcoded letter?

Or could I get a plain one where I have to get an appointment?

I applied on the 22nd Feb and got my acknowledgement letter (dated 24th Feb) on the 2nd March. Having checked the other posts on this forum, seems like biometric letters are being received a month post application.

How long does it take for your documents and the BRP to be sent across after you have had your data enrolled at a Post Office?