ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success at Croydon*****Today 07/03/2012****

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Barodian
Newly Registered

ILR Success at Croydon*****Today 07/03/2012****

Post by Barodian » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:32 pm

Dear All,

Just got ILR today at PEO Croydon. It's been a good experience. However slightly different than I thought.

Basically, My wife and I arrived at PEO, finished formality i.e.security, fee payment, token issuance etc.

Then
1-waited for my token number to be called. A lovely lady asked for form and passports. She was not case worker, she was just filling in details and gave documents back once completed.

2-Waited for my token number to be called again for Fingerprints - Biomatric. That was done very quickly and back in waiting area.

3-This is different than I thought**
I thought case worker would call for my number and ask me details and documents one by one and ask relavent questions. HOWEVER, case worker asked me to submit all documents and advise me to see them after 2 hours. I was bit confused as that's different procedure and I think it defeats the purpose of going to PEO as you don't get chance to explain / clarify doubts if any.

Finally my number was called and lady said 'Everything is fine with your application' and your biometric card should arrive in next 7-10 days.
===============================================

My case was straight forward. HSMP in 2007 - TIER 1 in 2009 - and now ILR.

Documents -
1-Last 12 months payslips/bank statements
2-Life in the UK certificates
3-Marriage certificate
4-Baby's birth certificate
5-Passport size photos
6-Rental agreement
7-Employement letter
8-P60(last 5 years)

Good luck and all the best.
Cheers

rdrp
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Success at Croydon*****Today 07/03/2012****

Post by rdrp » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:42 pm

Barodian wrote:Dear All,

Just got ILR today at PEO Croydon. It's been a good experience. However slightly different than I thought.

Basically, My wife and I arrived at PEO, finished formality i.e.security, fee payment, token issuance etc.

Then
1-waited for my token number to be called. A lovely lady asked for form and passports. She was not case worker, she was just filling in details and gave documents back once completed.

2-Waited for my token number to be called again for Fingerprints - Biomatric. That was done very quickly and back in waiting area.

3-This is different than I thought**
I thought case worker would call for my number and ask me details and documents one by one and ask relavent questions. HOWEVER, case worker asked me to submit all documents and advise me to see them after 2 hours. I was bit confused as that's different procedure and I think it defeats the purpose of going to PEO as you don't get chance to explain / clarify doubts if any.

Finally my number was called and lady said 'Everything is fine with your application' and your biometric card should arrive in next 7-10 days.
===============================================

My case was straight forward. HSMP in 2007 - TIER 1 in 2009 - and now ILR.

Documents -
1-Last 12 months payslips/bank statements
2-Life in the UK certificates
3-Marriage certificate
4-Baby's birth certificate
5-Passport size photos
6-Rental agreement
7-Employement letter
8-P60(last 5 years)

Good luck and all the best.
Cheers
Congrats! Did they give u any letter to the effect that they have granted you ilr effective today?

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:56 pm

Congrats Barodian !

Barodian
Newly Registered

Post by Barodian » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:41 pm

Thanks,

Yes they have given me a letter however, letter does not convey the grant of ILR. They will send me a Biometric Residence Permit in separate cover and I should get it within next 7-10 working days.

vishal17jan

Post by vishal17jan » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:55 pm

Thats a graet news.

How many days you were out of UK in last 5 years?

Smam

Post by Smam » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:23 am

Hi

Lots and lots of heartiest congratulations Barodian. To be honest with you mate you are lucky and if they dont need and if they can figure it out that your case is pretty much straight forward then the HO CW dont really bother asking any questions which is an excellent sign for me.

Thanks a lot for sharing your PEO experience as well.

Good luck for the future.

Keyrun

Post by Keyrun » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:32 am

Congratulation Barodian.

Did you just submit marriage certificate to show cohab or included other documents

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:33 am

I don’t think so Marriage Certificate is a requirement for ILR if applying on the basis of HSMP or Tier-1.

I never had to provide it even for first HSMP or Tier-1 extension.

Keyrun

Post by Keyrun » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:42 am

Thanks linkers.

Isn't the marriage certificate a way to show cohabitation with other supporting document ?

As Barodian mentioned he just submitted marriage certificate, I was wondering only marriage certificate is accepted.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:54 am

I am not sure if “Marriage Certificate” is a valid document for the purpose of proving cohabitation.

On it’s own it won’t show any cohabitation as you need some documents with joint or individual names of both applicants registered on the same address.

For example:
• Council Tax Bill
• Bank Statements
• GP/NHS Letters
• Credit Card Statements
• Utility Bills
• Driving Licence
• Tenancy Agreement
• Even any junk mail as long as it’s got your name(s) and address.

Also Page 37 of the form SET(O) says:

If you have a spouse or civil partner listed in section 2 of this application form who is applying at the same time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave (up to a maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the whole period and be in the form of official letters or documents, addressed to yourself and your spouse.

Marriage Certificate doesn’t tell you how much time it covers and hasn’t got your current address on it.

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:24 am

linkers wrote:I am not sure if “Marriage Certificate” is a valid document for the purpose of proving cohabitation.

On it’s own it won’t show any cohabitation as you need some documents with joint or individual names of both applicants registered on the same address.

For example:
• Council Tax Bill
• Bank Statements
• GP/NHS Letters
• Credit Card Statements
• Utility Bills
• Driving Licence
• Tenancy Agreement
• Even any junk mail as long as it’s got your name(s) and address.

Also Page 37 of the form SET(O) says:

If you have a spouse or civil partner listed in section 2 of this application form who is applying at the same time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave (up to a maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the whole period and be in the form of official letters or documents, addressed to yourself and your spouse.[/color]

Marriage Certificate doesn’t tell you how much time it covers and hasn’t got your current address on it.

I am confused what the up to a max 2 years mean ... was it not supposed to be atleast 2 years ?

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:27 am

That means they are only interested in 2 years of cohabitation documents and don’t want people to provide unnecessary documents beyond 2 years time.

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:41 am

Got it ...

adil2009

Post by adil2009 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:20 pm

dear ,is this requirement for Work permit holder aswel. my wife didnt stay with me for 2 years? Well she will b eligible for ILR ?

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:22 pm

It doesn’t apply to old HSMP or WP holders.

Not sure about ‘Employment not requiring work permit” but I am guess their dependants will also be exempt from 2 years rule. (as they were given visas before this rule came).
Last edited by linkers on Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:35 pm

Also see this:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=79378

Q - Does my spouse qualify with me for ILR?
A - Spouse must be in the UK as "dependant" to be included in the settlement application as dependant.
For WP holders (pre-PBS) and HSMP migrants covered by HSMP JRs, all dependants qualify for ILR along with main applicant irrespective of length of stay in UK (196E).
For all other economic migrants (Tier 1 (General), Tier 2), (spouse/partner) dependants must have lived with you in the UK for at least 2 years in a marital relationship, civil partnership or in relationship akin to marriage or civil partnership (319E(d)). This "2 year" period need not be as a "dependant".

Q - I am an economic migrant covered by HSMP JR. What exemptions apply to me, in context of settlement?
A - 1. You are not subject to eligibility criteria (point based) that a Tier 1 (General) migrant is.
2. Your dependant(s) are exempt from the "(2 year) qualifying residential period" requirement.
3. You (and dependant(s), if any) are exempt from LITUK test.
4. You (and dependant(s), if any) are exempt from the new criminality threshold.

adil2009

Post by adil2009 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:02 pm

Many thanks dear , so it mean i dont need to show cohabitation documents for my wife as she is on WP dependent.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:59 pm

I think you still need to show some cohabitation documents. She is only exempt from 2 years qualifying residential period requirement.

adil2009

Post by adil2009 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:21 pm

linkers wrote:I think you still need to show some cohabitation documents. She is only exempt from 2 years qualifying residential period requirement.
Thanks dear for reply , i still have few months to go ,please tell me what some cohabitation documents i can show,last time my wife visit to me , i have her medical card . but now i moved to different place where my wife will join me soon.

tricolor
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Success at Croydon*****Today 07/03/2012****

Post by tricolor » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:22 pm

Congrats! Do we need to fill any application for Biometric???
Thanks in advance.

"2-Waited for my token number to be called again for Fingerprints - Biomatric. That was done very quickly and back in waiting area. "

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:18 pm

Tricolour: no separate application needs to be filled for Biometrics. All you fill is SET(O) form and it has already got a new section for Biometrics (SECTION 10).

tricolor
Newly Registered

Post by tricolor » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:12 pm

linkers wrote:Tricolour: no separate application needs to be filled for Biometrics. All you fill is SET(O) form and it has already got a new section for Biometrics (SECTION 10).
Many Thanks.

adil2009

Post by adil2009 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:19 pm

linkers wrote:Tricolour: no separate application needs to be filled for Biometrics. All you fill is SET(O) form and it has already got a new section for Biometrics (SECTION 10).
Please linkers ,reply me for my earlier post. many thanks

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:28 pm

adil2009: Take as many documents on your wife’s name (or joint docs) from the place your wife first came. And also try to get something on her name in new place and get her added to all Utility Bills, Tenancy Agreement etc.

adil2009

Post by adil2009 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:38 pm

Thanks alot , just a quick one what about cradit card statement on her name on new address will be acceptable ?