ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA3 Rejected: No Information on reason why..

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ajudante
Newly Registered

EEA3 Rejected: No Information on reason why..

Post by Ajudante » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:59 pm

Dear all,
My application for the EEA3 was returned, but in the rejection letter they do not specify the reason why. The letter is a template and just repeats the regulations, saying that I need to prove that I was a student for a continuous period of 5 years, by meeting the following 3 conditions:

A: Evidence of school registration >> I provided letter from school

B: Evidence of funds >> I provided proof of regular bank transfers from my account in my country to my UK bank account

C: Evidence of having insurance >>> According to the Chapter 6 of the European Casework Instructions, at the moment, this is not a requirement when someone was issued a Registration Certificate before 2011, on the basis of living in the UK as a student, which is my case. I provided them my R.Certificate

My two questions to the forum:

1) How can I know which of the 3 conditions they think I did not meet?? There is no mention whatsoever about this in their letter. Is it worth to write them asking why? Do they reply to letters? Has anyone have experience of writing a letter to the Liverpool office asking for more info on the rejection and got a reply? How about calling? Is the Liverpool office's phone line a normal one, or will I have to pay extortionary charges, such as the ones my non-EU friends pay when calling the Croydon office??

2) Anyone with similar experience of rejection? From the info I provide above, what do you think is the problem?

Thanks a lot..

nonspecifics
Member of Standing

EVIDENCE

Post by nonspecifics » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:25 pm

If your application was refused it should have a Reason For Refusal letter.

Often UKBA initially check an application and if they think there is evidence lacking they send a letter asking for more information, but it's not a refusal, instead it's a request for more evidence.

You are right to say, UKBA can be vague about what evidence they think is lacking.

Was your registration certificate issued on the basis of you being a student?

Did you clearly lay out your evidence showing you have included the evidence covering the full five years?

So you clearly have evidence of 5 years residence ( at least 6 months in each year - except for a very good reason such as medical treatment abroad)?

Proof of 5 years as a student?

Proof of your registration certificate issued on the basis of being a student , issued before 20 June 2011?

Proof of sufficient funds covering the full five years?

Personally, I would prefer to write stating I have clearly proved I have acquired PR and re-stating the evidence and ask why they think I failed to prove PR.

You can phone them on this number: 01516725626 BORDER AGENCY .When you call press option 1 and 2 if you prefer the geographical number ( Liverpool area).

or 0845 010 5200 which is a local rate number/ approx 4p a minute

Ajudante
Newly Registered

Post by Ajudante » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:44 pm

nonspecifics: I guess you're right, this is probably not a "Refusal" letter but only a return of the application due to lack of documentation. Which makes it even more frustrating, as they do not specifiy which documentation is lacking.

They mention that I need to show that a)was a student b) had funds c) had insurance. No particulars on which of these 3 conditons was not met in my application, so I have no way to know what documents I need to gather now.

In my application, I explained very clearly that my registration certificate was issued in 2007, on the basis of being a student, and that was why I was not sending proof of insurance.

Hard to believe the problem was the school letter, as it states clearly the periods of registration, 6.5 years as full-time student. I also showed them proof of UK address during all this time.

The only possibility might be the type of document I used to show that I had funds. The documents are originals, issued by my UK bank, and prove that every month I transferred money from my foreign account. But perhaps they want to see the bank statements instead?

I am totally at loss here, due to the lack of clarity in their letter. I am going to post a letter tomorrow to the Liverpool office..

Has anyone had similar problems?

varna1983

Post by varna1983 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:07 pm

Ajudante wrote:nonspecifics: I guess you're right, this is probably not a "Refusal" letter but only a return of the application due to lack of documentation. Which makes it even more frustrating, as they do not specifiy which documentation is lacking.

They mention that I need to show that a)was a student b) had funds c) had insurance. No particulars on which of these 3 conditons was not met in my application, so I have no way to know what documents I need to gather now.

In my application, I explained very clearly that my registration certificate was issued in 2007, on the basis of being a student, and that was why I was not sending proof of insurance.

Hard to believe the problem was the school letter, as it states clearly the periods of registration, 6.5 years as full-time student. I also showed them proof of UK address during all this time.

The only possibility might be the type of document I used to show that I had funds. The documents are originals, issued by my UK bank, and prove that every month I transferred money from my foreign account. But perhaps they want to see the bank statements instead?

I am totally at loss here, due to the lack of clarity in their letter. I am going to post a letter tomorrow to the Liverpool office..

Has anyone had similar problems?

When did u apply and when did they sent u back this letter? This cannot be a refusal as refusal must be in d form of a clearly stated reason under certain rules of d immigration act! I have applied for my pr as a student and still waiting for response- when did u apply?

Ajudante
Newly Registered

Post by Ajudante » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:22 pm

I submitted the appliation in February and received their letter about 3 weeks later, so I guess it's not a rejection but a return of the application. I remember that when I applied for the EEA1, they did the same, but at that time they wrote specifically what document they wanted to see, and they did not returned the other documents. Now, not only they did not say what further documents they want, but they also returned everything else, including the envelope I used, inside their own envelope (!). Anyway, I wrote them a letter asking what they want, I hope they reply.

Ajudante
Newly Registered

Update

Post by Ajudante » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:34 pm

Just to let you all know the update on this case. I wrote a letter asking for more information from the Liverpool people and (surprise, surprise), no reply whatsoever. I guess I really have to call them.

zheni

Re: Update

Post by zheni » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:45 pm

Ajudante wrote:Just to let you all know the update on this case. I wrote a letter asking for more information from the Liverpool people and (surprise, surprise), no reply whatsoever. I guess I really have to call them.
They do take a while to respond sometimes. Call them or re-send the letter (if you can wait). I remember sending a letter last year asking them to clarify a discrepancy between The Immigration Regulations 2006 and the applications' requirements, it took them months to get back to me.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: EEA3 Rejected: No Information on reason why..

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:22 pm

Ajudante wrote:Dear all,
My application for the EEA3 was returned, but in the rejection letter they do not specify the reason why. The letter is a template and just repeats the regulations, saying that I need to prove that I was a student for a continuous period of 5 years, by meeting the following 3 conditions:

A: Evidence of school registration >> I provided letter from school

B: Evidence of funds >> I provided proof of regular bank transfers from my account in my country to my UK bank account

C: Evidence of having insurance >>> According to the Chapter 6 of the European Casework Instructions, at the moment, this is not a requirement when someone was issued a Registration Certificate before 2011, on the basis of living in the UK as a student, which is my case. I provided them my R.Certificate

My two questions to the forum:

1) How can I know which of the 3 conditions they think I did not meet?? There is no mention whatsoever about this in their letter. Is it worth to write them asking why? Do they reply to letters? Has anyone have experience of writing a letter to the Liverpool office asking for more info on the rejection and got a reply? How about calling? Is the Liverpool office's phone line a normal one, or will I have to pay extortionary charges, such as the ones my non-EU friends pay when calling the Croydon office??

2) Anyone with similar experience of rejection? From the info I provide above, what do you think is the problem?

Thanks a lot..
Hope they answer you soon. Did you provide evidence that you lived in the country for five-continuous years or did you just rely on the school letter?

Ajudante
Newly Registered

Re: EEA3 Rejected: No Information on reason why..

Post by Ajudante » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:08 pm

I did provide evidence that I lived in the country for more than 6 years. I showed them the documents from the bank proving that I transferred money from my foreign account to my UK bank account. These documents have my UK address on it, so they are proof of address. I wonder if they want bank statements instead or something else?? They did not mention which of the documents I sent was not accepted, and why; so I have no idea what to include in the new application.

As I expected, they also did not reply to my letter asking them to be specific. I resent the same leter 6 weeks after the first one, but still no success. Does anyone know if there is a phone number I can call? From the website, I got this number: 0845 010 5200, but they mention clearly that they do not reply to queries regarding applications. This is also the number they give in the rejection letter. Is there another number? Thanks

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:17 pm

I would apply again if I were you.

You need a good covering letter;

I am applying on the basis of being a student in the UK for 5 years.
I attended bla bla school from to. Letter attached proved this.
I have made the following declaration regarding my finances and I did not become a burden on the social assistance system.
I was not required to have CSI as I have a residence cert isused before you changed your policy, bla, bla.
I lived at the following address during the five years. Please see attached documents supporting this statement (bank statements, tenancy agreements or whatever you have).

Mention the previous returned application, the lack of response to your questions and demand that if there is additional information required that you are requested for it forthwith.

Ajudante
Newly Registered

Post by Ajudante » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:32 pm

Thanks! That seems a very good idea. On my first application, I did explain what was the purpose of every document, by attaching some notes to them, but maybe I was not clear enough.

Another question, is there any advantage of making a formal complain about this or would it make things even worse/slower? After all, they returned my application without stating the reason why and did not bother ro reply to my letter. Not really a good customer service...
Last edited by Ajudante on Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:23 pm

You can certainly complain. It should not impact on an application. Concentrate on what's a priority for you (I imagine the EEA3 first).

Ajudante
Newly Registered

Update

Post by Ajudante » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:00 pm

An update. I applied again using exactly the same documents and my application was successful. But I haven't given up of the complaint. I complained online and the reply was very poor, just a copy-paste of the original letter. So I wrote a letter escalating the complaint, and the reply was another miserable copy-paste template. Nobody has given me the reason why my first application was rejected. So I complained a third time, this time to the manager of the relevant department in Manchester. I am waiting. Considering their poor level of service, I will get another copy-paste.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: Update

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:24 pm

Ajudante wrote:An update. I applied again using exactly the same documents and my application was successful. But I haven't given up of the complaint. I complained online and the reply was very poor, just a copy-paste of the original letter. So I wrote a letter escalating the complaint, and the reply was another miserable copy-paste template. Nobody has given me the reason why my first application was rejected. So I complained a third time, this time to the manager of the relevant department in Manchester. I am waiting. Considering their poor level of service, I will get another copy-paste.
I am overjoyed that you have had success. You are already familiar with your rights. Please keep it up for the benefit of others.