ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent query. Please advise – ILR on 19th Mar

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bunti716
Newly Registered

Urgent query. Please advise – ILR on 19th Mar

Post by bunti716 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:29 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have an appointment for ILR on 19th Mar with two dependents. One is my wife and another one is my UK Born baby. My current Tier 1 visa expires on 30th Mar. I would like to skip my baby in my ILR application and apply directly citizenship for her after I got ILR. So that I could save some money on my ILR. But the query is,

What will be my baby status after I got ILR and before she gets citizenship. Another thing is, Now they are issuing Biometric cards which comes after 10 days. Do I need to wait for it to apply citizenship for her. The problem is, my appointment is on 19th Mar and my visa expires on 30th Mar. By the time, I get my biometric card, my baby Tier 1 dependent visa will be expired.

Also, will it be any problem on my appointment day if I skip my baby on my ILR. Because, I booked appointment with 2 dependents.

Please advise me ASAP.

Thanks,

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:52 pm

Don’t worry about your baby’s visa as UK born children are deemed to have leave to remain in the UK until you leave.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... e5c26c4c4a

You can skip your child’s ILR and apply for his/her citizenship using form MN1 after you and your wife get ILR.
Only one of the parent’s ILR is required to go with Child’s MN1 application. Also I think If you use NCS, you can avoid sending the original ILR of parents.

bunti716
Newly Registered

Post by bunti716 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:12 pm

Thanks Linkers. What is NCS?

nsrisri

Post by nsrisri » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:24 pm

Hi Linkers
My daughter was born in UK is in India and coming to UK with visiting visa.My ILR is under process and after I get my ILR i will apply citizenship for my daughter.
My question is,how long MN1 will take for baby and before visitor visa expiry if i apply for MN1 and MN1 is not received within visitor visa valid date then what will be my daughter status?

Please clarify

Thanks & Regards
Sri

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:57 pm

nsrisri wrote:Hi Linkers
My daughter was born in UK is in India and coming to UK with visiting visa.My ILR is under process and after I get my ILR i will apply citizenship for my daughter.
My question is,how long MN1 will take for baby and before visitor visa expiry if i apply for MN1 and MN1 is not received within visitor visa valid date then what will be my daughter status?

Please clarify

Thanks & Regards
Sri
See here the time scales
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:30 am

bunti716 wrote:Thanks Linkers. What is NCS?
NCS.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.