ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success at Solihull PEO on 8th March 2012- SET(O)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hsmpengineer
Mood:
Nigeria

ILR Success at Solihull PEO on 8th March 2012- SET(O)

Post by hsmpengineer » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:09 pm

Hey guys got my ILR approval today based on 2 years HSMP and 3 years Tier 1.

My appointment was for 9am and guess what?......I arrived there at 9.15!! Fortunately the security guys let me in and were very nice. Next was the usual search, metal detector and all that jazz. Then the security guy checked that i was using the appropriate form for my application type.

I was then given a ticket number, a little leaflet saying like "if you want your BRP delivered to a different address from the home address given in your application form, please provide the details of your correspondence address"

After waiting for about 30mins my ticket number was called and i went in to see the caseworker in counter 1. Nice friendly lady, we got on very well. ;)

She asked for the following docs:

Application Form
Passports (both old and new)
Passport Photos
LIUK test result - told me my score 22/24
12 months payslips
12 months bank statements
HSMP approval letter
Tier 1 approval letter
P60 for last year only
I provided a spreadsheet showing my total absences in detail. I had a total of 42days absent in 5 yrs. All personal holidays to ibiza and their like lol

She went through all the documents I provided and then said I should go make payment in counter 6. I did and returned to her with the payment confirmation. Then she said I should return to the waiting area and wait for my number to be called for biometrics. She returned my passport but kept all my other documents though, and she never said if i had been successful or not!! I kinda knew i was anyway because my application was as CAST IRON as they come so never worried for a minute.

I went back to the waiting area and my number was called after about 30mins. Went in had the digital photo and fingerprints taken and still was no confirmation if i was successful so i asked the lady doing the biometrics and she said its most likely it will be approved at this point....

Ah well on that note she said I could go out and return in about an hour and a half. I went on a walkabout and returned as adviced. The security guy had my approval letter waiting for me with all my documents. I said thanks, took my documents and zapped!

The top( first 5 lines) of the letter says:

"THESE NOTES ARE FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY AND DO NOT CONVEY THE GRANT OF ILR"
"Your application for indefinite leave to remain in the United Kingdom has been approved. You will be sent a biometric residence permit as confirmation of your indefinite leave to remain in the united kingdom".

Feel free to ask any questions....

Smam

Post by Smam » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:16 pm

Hi

Heartiest congratulations on your big success and also thanks a lot for sharing your PEO experience on the forum.

How long ago you have booked your appointment for the PEO. I heard that you can try to book your appointment for the PEO 60 days before but offcourse you cant have an appointment not earlier than 28 days is that correct.

For example if I wanted to book an PEO appointment for the 31st of May 2012 I can try booking it by the 31st of March 2012 is that correct ?

Many thanks and waiting for your reply.

Good luck for the future.

Smallfamily

Post by Smallfamily » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:08 pm

Congratulations @ hsmpengineer :wink:

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:36 pm

Congrats hsmpengineer !

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:42 pm

Smam: the UKBA online booking system allows you to book 42 days (6 weeks) in advance. So if you want to book an appointment for 31st of May 2012, you need to book it on Thursday, 19 April 2012.

Please also note the new dates become available on the system at midnight (as the date changes at that time).

hsmpengineer
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by hsmpengineer » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:03 pm

Thanks guys :)

@Smam: I booked my appointment on the 26th of january. (6 weeks in advance)

Smam

Post by Smam » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:00 pm

Hi hsmpengineer,

Many thanks for your useful reply.

Good luck for the future.

avtarjain1980

Post by avtarjain1980 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:00 pm

Congrats HSMPENGINEER

Time goes fast and I can't believe I have reached to 5yrs in UK

Though my case is straight yet I am feeling nerveous. May be becasue of lack in confidence or not understanding everything or may be because My Tier1 is expiring same time.

Can you please answer these to help:

((A)) While booking online for ILR what exactly we need to do -
.........(i) Do we book for BRP from online system (if yes - how)
.........(ii) Do we fill the FORM for SET(O) online or Not.
...............[Which option you chose Online or Printed]

((B)) Do I need any sort of letter from Employer(s)
.........[e.g. Current Employment / P45].
.........I have got my payslips, last P60, Bank Statements

((C)) I will pay my fee with Debit Card - Would it be fine (I will inform Bank in advance as suggested somewhere)

I will appriciate if you include a brief of something else you think is important to note about steps of Booking or Document Organizing
cheers
AVTAR

hsmpengineer
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by hsmpengineer » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:14 pm

Can you please answer these to help:

((A)) While booking online for ILR what exactly we need to do -
.........(i) Do we book for BRP from online system (if yes - how)

[size=18]You only need to make a PEO appointment. If your application is successful your biometrics will be taken there on the same day. It doesnt take more than 10mins.[/size]
.........(ii) Do we fill the FORM for SET(O) online or Not.

Print the form and carefully fill it out as instructed.

((B)) Do I need any sort of letter from Employer(s)

[size=12][size=18]Although employers letters are not only of the essential documents listed on the form for Tier 1 (gen) applicants, it is advisable to have it at the ready. I had mine ready but was never asked for it.[/size][/size]
.........I have got my payslips, last P60, Bank Statements

[size=18]This is good. it is advisable to have all 4 P60's or some form of HMRC documents covering the last 4 yrs. the bank statements and payslips will do for year 5. [/size]
((C)) I will pay my fee with Debit Card - Would it be fine (I will inform Bank in advance as suggested somewhere)

Yes, thats fine.

I will appriciate if you include a brief of something else you think is important to note about steps of Booking or Document Organizing[size=12][/size]