ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

richardcja
Newly Registered

Tier 2 application

Post by richardcja » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:17 pm

Hi,

I have a valid CoS from my employer to apply for a tier 2 visa. Problem is I have to apply for an entry clearance from my home country.

Does anybody know how they make decision on whether to approve or reject an application.

Like i said, i have a valid CoS and I tick all the box (ie job is at grad level, salary is as per SOC etc). I also have funds to cover the maintanence bit. Will there be any reason for them to reject my application when i apply for entry clearance back in my home country

Thanks.

gupta_ust

Post by gupta_ust » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:54 pm

Only case worker can answer your question after looking at documents..Can you please elobarate if you have any specific query?

parad0x
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 application

Post by parad0x » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:04 pm

Make sure your CoS is valid for application outside the UK.
richardcja wrote:Hi,

I have a valid CoS from my employer to apply for a tier 2 visa. Problem is I have to apply for an entry clearance from my home country.

Does anybody know how they make decision on whether to approve or reject an application.

Like i said, i have a valid CoS and I tick all the box (ie job is at grad level, salary is as per SOC etc). I also have funds to cover the maintanence bit. Will there be any reason for them to reject my application when i apply for entry clearance back in my home country

Thanks.

richardcja
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 application

Post by richardcja » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:25 pm

I have a restricted COS

parad0x wrote:Make sure your CoS is valid for application outside the UK.
richardcja wrote:Hi,

Thanks.

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:33 am

Is your job in shortage occupation list?

Have your employer conducted a RLMT for your job?

If you have everything in place there is nothing to worry and we can't really answer whether you will get your visa or not cause we don't know your exact situation.
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on :)

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:37 am

you would have a restricted CoS if you are applying from abroad.

You must score at least the minimum number of points required.

As gupta_res said the case worker will determine whether you complied with all requirements for entry clearance.

Have you any specific concerns?

richardcja
Newly Registered

Post by richardcja » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:08 pm

Thanks all for your reply.

The job is not on the shortage list but employer has conducted the RMLT.

I guess all I want to find out whether is there any criteria/condition that UKBA will look at when deciding the application.

What are the main reasons for an application to be rejected?? I just want to cover all bases.

Thanks