ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VISA info for Non EU Mother of Irish baby Born in UK

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MarksGrace
Newly Registered

VISA info for Non EU Mother of Irish baby Born in UK

Post by MarksGrace » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:59 pm

Hi I need an advice... I'm a non-eu mother of an Irish baby born in the UK... I've been to Ireland several times before, I had a multiple entry tourist visa... I'm a student in the UK but my studies ended last year so I can't renew my tourist visa as a student... will I be eligible for other visas to go to Ireland as the mother of an irish baby? We want to have our baby christened in Ireland this May. My partner and I aren't married yet but we'll be applying for my residence card after our trip to Ireland. Thanks.

adlexy

Re: VISA info for Non EU Mother of Irish baby Born in UK

Post by adlexy » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:09 pm

MarksGrace wrote:Hi I need an advice... I'm a non-eu mother of an Irish baby born in the UK... I've been to Ireland several times before, I had a multiple entry tourist visa... I'm a student in the UK but my studies ended last year so I can't renew my tourist visa as a student... will I be eligible for other visas to go to Ireland as the mother of an irish baby? We want to have our baby christened in Ireland this May. My partner and I aren't married yet but we'll be applying for my residence card after our trip to Ireland. Thanks.
I assume that you have a permit to stay in the UK? If yes, then your partner to make an application on your behalf and will be sponsoring you.

Meanwhile, what is stopping you from making an application in the UK for a EU family residence card? I am sure with that you wont need a visa to Ireland.

All the best