ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

STUDENT VISA RENEWED ''NO WORK'' HELP

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chashmebaddur

STUDENT VISA RENEWED ''NO WORK'' HELP

Post by chashmebaddur » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:22 pm

Dear All,

My brother came to UK in OCTOBER 2010, with 1.5 years visa, expiry date 28 Feb 2012.

He came here to LEVEL 7 EXTENDED DIPLOMA IN STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT.

He came with his wife as his dependent.

He was working 20 hours during college time and working full time during college vacation / holiday after getting a letter from college and submitting to his employer.

His wife was working full time since the beginning.

He has applied for his extension on 23 Feb 2012 on same day visa service with his wife.

At the time of extension he has joined ''ACCA'' with LEVEL 7 LONDON SCHOOL BUSINESS FINANCE, HIGHLY TRUSTED, A RATED COLLEGE.

When he / they got the approval and visa extension for 3.5 years, the visa officer / ukba has put a remark ''NO WORK'' on both husband and wife.

Now my quert to the forum :

[1] what can they do now as they dont have permit to work, can they apply or appeal to UKBA to review decision?

[2] They have already informed their employer and now having no work, not able to earn enough for helping them survive in UK for next 3.5 years!

[3] Can they change the course now; which include some hours of compulsory training and apply for a change of visa status?

can someone please provide some guidance on what options are available to them as they want to live in this country for 3.5 years but having '' no work'' remark on their BRP cards, they are helpless to stay and survive in this country...

Many thanks in advance.....

Chashme Baddur

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:32 pm

They can't appeal to the UKBA to review the decision - the rules state that only students studying at an HEI or public funded FE college will have permission to work - the rules changed in July 2011 - as your brother has now applied to do a new course he is subject to these rules.

Any course your brother changes to will need to satisfy academic progress requirements.

chashmebaddur

Post by chashmebaddur » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:51 pm

Thank you Greenie, but the issue i forgot to mention in my previous post was; there were 10 different applications submitted by 10 different students on the same day along with him from the same college , same course, but only he was issued with '' no work'' remark in his BRP, other 9 were issued with 10 or 20 hours work permissions !

Any comments or opinion please?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:04 pm

chashmebaddur wrote:Thank you Greenie, but the issue i forgot to mention in my previous post was; there were 10 different applications submitted by 10 different students on the same day along with him from the same college , same course, but only he was issued with '' no work'' remark in his BRP, other 9 were issued with 10 or 20 hours work permissions !

Any comments or opinion please?
The rules state that someone in your brother's position will not be given permission to work. See periods and conditions of grant para 245ZY (c)

As to why the other people on the course were given permission to work, it is either down to casework error, or possibly the other students are not sponsored directly by LSBF.
Last edited by Greenie on Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:18 pm

You should write to UKBA about this.

mariamuk

Re: STUDENT VISA RENEWED ''NO WORK'' HELP

Post by mariamuk » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:09 am

Hi

I am in the same situation and also think that with a BRP mark student on TIER 4 cannot work, however here is what is says in the letter from HO:

all employment is prohibited , except:

a work placement as a part of your course of study if you are studying with a HIghly Trusted Sponsor

Hence , it is possible to work on a placement with LSBF as long as it contributed to course; ie I study towards the chartered accountant qualification and I wont be able to qualify without practical experience.

Am I thinking in the right direction? I did not take any employment yet, need to hear the opinions. Thank you.

chashmebaddur wrote:Dear All,

My brother came to UK in OCTOBER 2010, with 1.5 years visa, expiry date 28 Feb 2012.

He came here to LEVEL 7 EXTENDED DIPLOMA IN STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT.

He came with his wife as his dependent.

He was working 20 hours during college time and working full time during college vacation / holiday after getting a letter from college and submitting to his employer.

His wife was working full time since the beginning.

He has applied for his extension on 23 Feb 2012 on same day visa service with his wife.

At the time of extension he has joined ''ACCA'' with LEVEL 7 LONDON SCHOOL BUSINESS FINANCE, HIGHLY TRUSTED, A RATED COLLEGE.

When he / they got the approval and visa extension for 3.5 years, the visa officer / ukba has put a remark ''NO WORK'' on both husband and wife.

Now my quert to the forum :

[1] what can they do now as they dont have permit to work, can they apply or appeal to UKBA to review decision?

[2] They have already informed their employer and now having no work, not able to earn enough for helping them survive in UK for next 3.5 years!

[3] Can they change the course now; which include some hours of compulsory training and apply for a change of visa status?

can someone please provide some guidance on what options are available to them as they want to live in this country for 3.5 years but having '' no work'' remark on their BRP cards, they are helpless to stay and survive in this country...

Many thanks in advance.....

Chashme Baddur