ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How much salary do I have to show for my Wife's ILR App

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fais79

How much salary do I have to show for my Wife's ILR App

Post by fais79 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:23 am

Hello Everyone,

I will be applying for my wife's ILR in June when it will be 2 years since she has entered UK.

We have one child and I have never taken any benefits or claimed any public funds.

What I would like to know is how much salary I have to show for the 3 months prior to her application?

Many thanks,

push
United Kingdom

Re: How much salary do I have to show for my Wife's ILR App

Post by push » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:03 am

fais79 wrote:Hello Everyone,

I will be applying for my wife's ILR in June when it will be 2 years since she has entered UK.

We have one child and I have never taken any benefits or claimed any public funds.

What I would like to know is how much salary I have to show for the 3 months prior to her application?

Many thanks,
What is your and her current visa status?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

fais79

Re: How much salary do I have to show for my Wife's ILR App

Post by fais79 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:43 am

Many thanks,
What is your and her current visa status?

I am a British Citizen with British Passport and my son who is now 1 year recieved his British Passport when he was 8 months..

Thank you

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:22 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

fais79

Post by fais79 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:54 pm

My monthly income after Tax and NI is around £1300. I have a mortgage of £717 and Council Tax = £125 totalling to £842... Leaving £458 for us to spend.. Will this enough for me my wife and child??

We have survived on the current salary so far without utilising on any sort of public funds..

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:00 pm

ILR is seldom refused on finance. If she has not been claiming public funds to which she was not entitled, the application will be approved (on maintenance grounds at least; can't comment on other issues).

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:20 pm

fais79 wrote:My monthly income after Tax and NI is around £1300. I have a mortgage of £717 and Council Tax = £125 totalling to £842... Leaving £458 for us to spend.. Will this enough for me my wife and child??

We have survived on the current salary so far without utilising on any sort of public funds..
why aren't you claiming child benefit and child tax credit?

fais79

Post by fais79 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:26 pm

Do not want to rely on any public funds which would affect my wife's application in anyway...

By the way also my wife has been abroad to see her parents recently for 45 days. This shouldn't affect her application in anyway will it?

Thanks

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:37 am

fais79 wrote:Do not want to rely on any public funds which would affect my wife's application in anyway...

By the way also my wife has been abroad to see her parents recently for 45 days. This shouldn't affect her application in anyway will it?

Thanks
you are entitled to claim any public funds for which you are eligible. You should be claiming child benefit and making a joint claim for tax credits it will have no effect on your wives application. It would also make it more likely that you would actually meet the maintenance requirements

fais79

Post by fais79 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:24 pm

I will have to look into this in detail..

Will my wife being outside UK for a period of 45 days affect her application in any way??

Thanks really appreciate your help!