ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of name due to marriage

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zeeshanpervez
Newly Registered

Change of name due to marriage

Post by zeeshanpervez » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:01 pm

Hi all,

I and my wife are applying for BC. My wife changed her surname (from her father to my name) at the time of our marriage.

1. When filling her AN form, in question 1.7 "Name at birth", do I need to enter her first name + previous surname? As this surname is different from her surname on passport, do I need to explain it on page 13?

2. In my AN form, question 1.31 is if you partner is known by any other name, again do I have to mention her first name + previous last name here?

3. question 3.3 and 3.4 are about current employer and their address. If i change my job after submitting my application, do I need to inform HO?

Thanks in advance

Smallfamily

Re: Change of name due to marriage

Post by Smallfamily » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:39 pm

1. Yes (either her full name or only her first name - really doesn't matter) HO does realise that the change in surname is due to the marriage.
2. No...skip this!
3. No

zeeshanpervez
Newly Registered

Post by zeeshanpervez » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:22 pm

Thanks for your help.