ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank Statements Question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

t-bag

Bank Statements Question

Post by t-bag » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:10 am

Hello Guys,

Quick question regarding the bank statements used in the ILR application. My wages get paid into my Lloyds account every month but this account is ALWAYS overdrawn at the end of the month (or middle of the month) cos i have a 2k overdraft limit on it. But it states all my outgoings rent/bills/ccards/savings etc... Will this affect my ILR if i present a bank account which is overdrawn? If i attach my savings account which has about 2K in, will that be sufficient? Yes, i know... 2K for the last 5 yrs (feel a bit ashamed of that... :oops: ) but anyways, my point is : does it matter if u're overdrawn or not to the HO, or does it matter how much money you have left? Or they just want to see that you are being paid and what you do with ur money is your problem? I mean, sorry, bit hard to explain, but do they want to know how much money you\'ve got? Basically, what will a good number i could be able to show. Overdrawn bank account looks dumb, but does that matter?

Thanks a lot!!

luckyboy
Newly Registered

Re: Bank Statements Question

Post by luckyboy » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:43 am

t-bag wrote:Hello Guys,

Quick question regarding the bank statements used in the ILR application. My wages get paid into my Lloyds account every month but this account is ALWAYS overdrawn at the end of the month (or middle of the month) cos i have a 2k overdraft limit on it. But it states all my outgoings rent/bills/ccards/savings etc... Will this affect my ILR if i present a bank account which is overdrawn? If i attach my savings account which has about 2K in, will that be sufficient? Yes, i know... 2K for the last 5 yrs (feel a bit ashamed of that... :oops: ) but anyways, my point is : does it matter if u're overdrawn or not to the HO, or does it matter how much money you have left? Or they just want to see that you are being paid and what you do with ur money is your problem? I mean, sorry, bit hard to explain, but do they want to know how much money you\'ve got? Basically, what will a good number i could be able to show. Overdrawn bank account looks dumb, but does that matter?

Thanks a lot!!
hi I have the same question. any advise from senior member?

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Re: Bank Statements Question

Post by khalidmirza » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:03 pm

t-bag wrote:Hello Guys,

Thanks a lot!!
There is nothing in the rules about minimum balance for ILR application. However showing a good balance gives good feeling. Never mind in my opinion you should attach saving statement as well and no need to feel guilty or any sort of explanation. How much you spend is no body,s business. You should be OK

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:58 pm

Are you applying for ILR as a spouse (SETM)? If so, as long as you haven't claimed Public Funds to which you're not entitled, you won't be refused due to lack of funds.

t-bag

Re :

Post by t-bag » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:53 am

Got you guys!! Thanks! That's what i thought. @Casa : No, i'm applying as the main applicant (SETO). I'll show the savings though (if i still have my 2k's inside by the time I apply :-))

Thanks a lot for sharing your knowledge!!

Lets hope all goes well - need to apply pretty soon