ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Missing entry stamps in Indian passport (Urgent advice req.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dms_sbs

Missing entry stamps in Indian passport (Urgent advice req.)

Post by dms_sbs » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:27 am

I am applying for my ILR in June 2012. Every thing is fine but yesterday when I checked I did not find entry stamp in my passport when I went to India last year in Feb 2011. I went to India for 2 weeks and I do not have stamped either arriving at neither Delhi nor when I landed at Heathrow airport. Obviously I have entry clearance stamp when I first entered UK on work permit. I made other trips to India in 2008 and 2010 and all stamps are present only my recent trip to Indi is missing. I went with my wife and she got her passport stamp from both side and I also handled my passport to immigration officer at Delhi and at London but never realized that they did not stamp it. Would it be any problem for ILR. Do I still need to mention this journey in SET O form? They do have section where they asked that when applicant entered last time to UK.
Please suggest me ASAP.

push
United Kingdom

Re: Missing entry stamps in Indian passport (Urgent advice r

Post by push » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:52 am

dms_sbs wrote:I am applying for my ILR in June 2012. Every thing is fine but yesterday when I checked I did not find entry stamp in my passport when I went to India last year in Feb 2011. I went to India for 2 weeks and I do not have stamped either arriving at neither Delhi nor when I landed at Heathrow airport. Obviously I have entry clearance stamp when I first entered UK on work permit. I made other trips to India in 2008 and 2010 and all stamps are present only my recent trip to Indi is missing. I went with my wife and she got her passport stamp from both side and I also handled my passport to immigration officer at Delhi and at London but never realized that they did not stamp it. Would it be any problem for ILR. Do I still need to mention this journey in SET O form? They do have section where they asked that when applicant entered last time to UK.
Please suggest me ASAP.
Check other VISA pages in your passport. Sometimes the IO stamps on pages on/opposite VISA vignettes that are not relevant for the particular travel. Irrespective, I would not worry too much about it.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

dms_sbs

Missing entry stamps in Indian passport

Post by dms_sbs » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:15 am

Thanks,
But I have checked and I did not find immigration entry stamps when I made trip to India last year. Please let me know that in SET O form do I still need to mention that trip if that is not stamped in passport. And Do I still need to write that I entered UK last time in 2011 (but there is no stamps about this).

ssgs
Newly Registered

Post by ssgs » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:39 pm

Missings stamps are not a problem. However, you MUST definitely mention all your trips in the application, including ones for which you feel the stamps are missing.

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Post by khalidmirza » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:07 am

It is a coincidence that you did not have stamps on both ends. Very rare generally. Please mention this in your cover letter. Your absence though not recorded but you showing it reflects more on your honesty. Best of luck

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:46 pm

[quote="khalidmirza"]It is a coincidence that you did not have stamps on both ends. Very rare generally. Please mention this in your cover letter. Your absence though not recorded but you showing it reflects more on your honesty. Best of luck[/quote

Very unusual not to get a stamp in India and not to get one in the UK too are you sure about your dates
pennyless

ashubhatt

Re: Missing entry stamps in Indian passport (Urgent advice r

Post by ashubhatt » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:47 pm

dms_sbs wrote:I am applying for my ILR in June 2012. Every thing is fine but yesterday when I checked I did not find entry stamp in my passport when I went to India last year in Feb 2011. I went to India for 2 weeks and I do not have stamped either arriving at neither Delhi nor when I landed at Heathrow airport. Obviously I have entry clearance stamp when I first entered UK on work permit. I made other trips to India in 2008 and 2010 and all stamps are present only my recent trip to Indi is missing. I went with my wife and she got her passport stamp from both side and I also handled my passport to immigration officer at Delhi and at London but never realized that they did not stamp it. Would it be any problem for ILR. Do I still need to mention this journey in SET O form? They do have section where they asked that when applicant entered last time to UK.
Please suggest me ASAP.
I would attach a cover letter mentioning the reason
British passport holder since 17/09/2013
ILR: 12.04.12 - 23.03.22
Finish 5 years on 23.03.12. Applied for PR on 05.04.12 for ILR
Tier 1 (General Migrant) : 08.05.2009 - 08.05.2012
Work Permit: 23.03.07 - 23.03.12

avtarjain1980

Post by avtarjain1980 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:04 pm

It is worth to check exactly on your visa drawings. Recently I was also searching for a stamp and after some efforts I found a very light stamp exactly on Visa itself and mixing with colours.
cheers
AVTAR

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Post by khalidmirza » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:59 pm

Just for information. Stamp on visa is only on first arrival after Entry Clearance. All other stamps are on blank pages