ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Received BRP Card but need some inputs.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pegakrishna

Received BRP Card but need some inputs.

Post by pegakrishna » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:04 am

Hi All,

I have received BRP Card today exactly 7 working days from the date of Approval letter.

But, I have some clarification based on the details printed in the BRP card.

1. Nationality is displayed as "India". It should display as "Indian" isn't it ??

2. Place of Birth is displayed as "Chennai,Tami". As per passport it displayed as "Chennai,TamilNadu".

Please do share your valuable inputs in this regard. Many Thanks

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:21 am

The nationality shown is correct. UKBA doesn't mention 'Indian' but 'INDIA' as the nationality. For the place of Birth, I think you can check with UKBA by sending an email but I feel they have a character limitation on the card and that's the reason you don't see the City and State mentioned in full.
Give me more Karma (+)

pegakrishna

Post by pegakrishna » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:34 am

QuickSam wrote:The nationality shown is correct. UKBA doesn't mention 'Indian' but 'INDIA' as the nationality. For the place of Birth, I think you can check with UKBA by sending an email but I feel they have a character limitation on the card and that's the reason you don't see the City and State mentioned in full.
Thanks QuickSam for your inputs.

Has anyone else encountered similar situation like Place of Birth - City and State has not been displayed in full ?? Have you taken any action to correct it or leave it as a blank ??

Just to double check with forum members, before going to UKBA.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:40 am

pegakrishna wrote:
QuickSam wrote:The nationality shown is correct. UKBA doesn't mention 'Indian' but 'INDIA' as the nationality. For the place of Birth, I think you can check with UKBA by sending an email but I feel they have a character limitation on the card and that's the reason you don't see the City and State mentioned in full.
Thanks QuickSam for your inputs.

Has anyone else encountered similar situation like Place of Birth - City and State has not been displayed in full ?? Have you taken any action to correct it or leave it as a blank ??

Just to double check with forum members, before going to UKBA.
they have a limit in the number of characters as QuickSam has said - they won't be able to make any correction as there is no mistake.

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:52 am

Its normal mate.
For me Nationality is 'INDIA' and place of birth is RATLAM MP (i.e Madhya Pradesh)

pegakrishna

Post by pegakrishna » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:36 am

params0073 wrote:Its normal mate.
For me Nationality is 'INDIA' and place of birth is RATLAM MP (i.e Madhya Pradesh)
Thanks Greenie & params0073 for your inputs.

It is wise to send an email to get clarification from BRPError team instead of assuming the things.

Thanks. Pls advise

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:03 am

If it clears your doubts then do it. It will give you peace of mind .

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:37 pm

params0073 wrote:If it clears your doubts then do it. It will give you peace of mind .
and sound sleep :lol: :wink: :lol:
Give me more Karma (+)

pegakrishna

Post by pegakrishna » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:05 pm

Hello All,

I have received a reply from UKBAas per below...

Looks to me, It's like generic reply... What should I do now ??

Please do share your valuable inputs...

Good afternoon

Thank you for notifying us of a possible error on your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP). We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

In order for the BRP to be corrected, please send the BRP and your passport, along with a covering letter which clearly explains the reasons for returning the BRP, to:

Freepost RRYX-GLYU-GXHZ
Returns Unit
P.O. Box 163
Bristol BS20 1AB

A new BRP will be issued within 10 working days of receipt of your original BRP. This will be delivered by our couriers. You are advised not to make any travel arrangements until you have received your BRP.

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:14 pm

If they have realized it,that it’s a mistake then post you BRP and passport. So that it can get corrected asap.

pegakrishna

Post by pegakrishna » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:22 pm

Thanks params0073 for your inputs.

In your case, your passport details are matching with BRP particulary Place of Birth ??

Any one knows the format of covering letter ?? Pls do share...

SeniorMembers - Pls do share your inputs too !

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:24 pm

In your case, your passport details are matching with BRP particulary Place of Birth ??

Yes.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:31 pm

pegakrishna wrote:Thanks params0073 for your inputs.

I think we have already explained that there is no mistake on your BRP. Sending it back to them is a complete waste of time.

pegakrishna

Post by pegakrishna » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:57 pm

Greenie wrote:

I think we have already explained that there is no mistake on your BRP. Sending it back to them is a complete waste of time.
No Greenie, I spoke to UKBA and they advised me to correct this error by sending BRP card, passport and cover letter.

It's mandatory that details present in PASSPORT should match in BRP.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:01 pm

pegakrishna wrote:
Greenie wrote:

No Greenie, I spoke to UKBA and they advised me to correct this error by sending BRP card, passport and cover letter.

It's mandatory that details present in PASSPORT should match in BRP.
they have sent you a standard reply, that's all. It is standard for them to write the country, not the nationality and they only have a limited number of characters available for place of birth.

pegakrishna

Post by pegakrishna » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:48 am

just close this thread, YES - its a 16 character limitation for place of birth.
BRP team printed city name only . I'm all set now !

@ all - thanks for ur i/ps again

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:26 am

pegakrishna wrote:just close this thread, YES - its a 16 character limitation for place of birth.

News flash :lol:
Give me more Karma (+)

Rc1983
Newly Registered

BRP Name error

Post by Rc1983 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:19 pm

pegakrishna wrote:just close this thread, YES - its a 16 character limitation for place of birth.

Hi,

I have similar problem with the City of Name.
I have been through PEO and got my Tier1 extension on 2nd of August 2012and received my BRP 6th August 2012.
Data on the card is correct except city, as it says "HYPERABAD" instead HYDERABAD.
I sent an email to BRPError@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and sent the BRP CArd along with Passport on Special Delivery and also provided extra Special Delivery for the passport to return.

I posted the documents along with Covering letter on 09-aug-2012 and the UKBA received it on 09-aug-2012. I'm checking daily for the update on the return delivery. But no luck yet.

would like to know , how much time they take to correct the card and send it back.

Please do share your inputs.

thanks
Anand

shyamite

Post by shyamite » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:07 pm

Hi Rc1983

I have faced the similiar problem as yours. Only one char missing in BRP.

when you got your new BRP. Have they sent passport by your special delivery envlope and BRP by DX courier?

Thanks