ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

35K rule - When does it take place?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

t-bag

35K rule - When does it take place?

Post by t-bag » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:59 am

Hello guys (me again... i know)!! So stressed about this application - story of my life!! and i want to get it right.

Right, so that 35K salary rule which I keep on hearing all the time, my questions are :
1 - is it already implemented?
2 - To who does it apply? I entered the UK in 2007 (applying for ILR in November 2012). I know the SOC codes apply to me, but does my salary HAVE to be 35k+?? If yes, when do I need to negociate an increase? I mean, if it does apply to everyone, how long is it considered as "valid"? If i get an increase next month, will it be valid? If i get an increase in October, will it be valid?

Thanks in advance for the clarifications

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:18 pm

It will be implemented in 2016. You will be fine. it doesn’t apply on you.

dms_sbs

Re: 35K rule - When does it take place?

Post by dms_sbs » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:20 pm

Please go to home office websites and you will find answers to all your questions.
http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/publicatio ... ettlement/
Click the link and read statment of intent.

t-bag

Re :

Post by t-bag » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:27 pm

Excellent - Thanks for the clarification!!

Regards