ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

claim citizenship through birth abroad to one U.S. citizen

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

touchstone
Newly Registered

claim citizenship through birth abroad to one U.S. citizen

Post by touchstone » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:25 am

I am a Canadian citizen applying for a US passport through birth abroad to one US citizen parent. I was born before May 24, 1934. I have a certified copy of my mothers birth certificate showing her birth in the US. I have my foreign(Canadian) birth certificate. I have an affidavit of my deceased mother's physical presence in the US prior to my birth completed by myself and notarized. I am traveling from my place of residence in Canada to the nearest US consulate which is 400 miles away and want to ensure that I have all necessary documentation so I will not be turned away. Is there anything else I need to bring or anything else I should know or do before I attend the US consulate? Thank you.

Ray

Susan Muir
Newly Registered

Contact the Consulate

Post by Susan Muir » Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:56 am

Before you go, call them and they will tell you what you need to bring. Sounds like you have everything covered, but make sure first.