ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Early Tier 1 Extension Application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jain208
United Kingdom

Early Tier 1 Extension Application

Post by jain208 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:25 pm

Hi,

My Tier 1 visa is going to expire in January 2013. Can I apply for the extension of my stay in UK this month (8-month early) to avoid the proposed increase of fees?

Another question - I have got 3 dependants (wife and 2 kids) with me. So, I am I right in thinking that I will have to show 800 + 533+ 533 + 533 = 2399 pounds as maintenance funds?

Thanks,
Abhi.

shahjee11

Post by shahjee11 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:32 pm

Yes you can apply early but please do a little bit of research on the forum before starting a new thread. see the link below

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=97848

on the question regarding maintenance funds, your calculation sees fine as per the rules at present. all the best

longshift
United Kingdom

Re: Early Tier 1 Extension Application

Post by longshift » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:33 pm

jain208 wrote:Hi,

My Tier 1 visa is going to expire in January 2013. Can I apply for the extension of my stay in UK this month (8-month early) to avoid the proposed increase of fees?

Yes you can apply 8 months early for your extension. But most likely the extension will be granted from the date it is approved rather than the date of your initial visa expiry. This would be a problem if you are short for your 5 year period as you will have to apply for extension again which will be more money in longer run.

Another question - I have got 3 dependants (wife and 2 kids) with me. So, I am I right in thinking that I will have to show 800 + 533+ 533 + 533 = 2399 pounds as maintenance funds?

This is correct.

Thanks,
Abhi.
[/b]

jain208
United Kingdom

Post by jain208 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:59 pm

Thanks all for your responses. Actually I came to UK more than 3 months after my first visa stamping in January 2008. I came to the UK in April 2008, so I will be eligible for my ILR in April 2013.
That means I will be needing my next extension for just 3 months (from Jan 2013 to April 2013). For that reason even if I get my extension now, it won't hurt me but will help me save some money.

I am planning to apply for my extension by end of this month, and apply for ILR next year.
Could somebody advise me if there can be any other problem or is there anything else that I should keep in mind while applying this early.

Thanks,
Abhi.

jain208
United Kingdom

Post by jain208 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:40 am

Hi,

I have one more question - I will be applying for my son's dependant visa along with my application. On his passport, my name is there as father. Do I still need to submit his birth certificate as a proof of relationship or the passport is sufficient?

Thanks,
Abhi.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:20 am

Passport should suffice. However, if you have the original birth certificate, a photocopy included in application (if by post) wouldnt harm.
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:59 am

jain208 wrote:Hi,

I have one more question - I will be applying for my son's dependant visa along with my application. On his passport, my name is there as father. Do I still need to submit his birth certificate as a proof of relationship or the passport is sufficient?

Thanks,
Abhi.
If your son has no valid "Visa", you definitely need to submit birth certificate.