ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance fund- dependant visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

T1ilr

Maintenance fund- dependant visa

Post by T1ilr » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:27 pm

Hello ,

My sincere apologies if my questions are duplicated ones, I did search the forum but still confused. My circumstances are:

1) I am on tier 1 general and got my extension on 1st Feb .
2) I have been living in uk for 3 years now continuously
3) planning to get married and bring my fiancé after marriage on dependent visa
4) she has been maintaining INR 82000 in her bank account as part of 90 days maintenance fund.

My question is:

1) how much MF do I have to show? £800 + £533 or just £533 since I got my extension recently and also showed £800 during extension
2) I have broken my MF as soon as I got my extension, hence if I need to show £800, do I have to leave it again in my bank account for 90 days or will 82k in INR suffice?
3) also, I was trying to get an appointment either in Cochin or chennai but all dates greyed out after April 20th whereas my marriage date is on 25th April. Has anyone got an idea as to how this system works?

Many thanks in advance.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:44 am

1 - You need to show £533 for your dependent
2 - You can show funds in INR
3 - Not experienced with this, sorry
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:54 am

3 - They only release the appointments 42 days prior to the actual date in UK. It could be something similar with the Indian VFS. The best way to get an understanding on this is to call VFS as they have a dedicated call center now.
Give me more Karma (+)

T1ilr

Post by T1ilr » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:24 pm

Thank you both for your help.