ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 year Long stay : Employment history (need Help)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sarabjeet
Newly Registered

10 year Long stay : Employment history (need Help)

Post by Sarabjeet » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:27 am

I am under great stress and excitement at the same time.. Excited bcos i am finally applying for my ILR but stressed bcos i was unemployed last year 2011 for 12 months. But with the grace of god i managed to get a good job this year and am working well from the last 3 months. I completed my 10 years in Sep 2010 and at present am on Tier 1 since May 2010 and was on Work permit before that since 2007. I am about to complete my 5 years on Tier 1 but would not be eligible bcos of the salary clause. But now my present Tier 1 expires in July and i am hoping to apply for my ILR under the 10 year rule. I do not have any gaps of over 180 days. So i would need advice for:

1. Do i need to send my P60 or some other proof of employment from last year or so? Or can i just attach the last 3 months of salary slips with bank statements.
2. If P60 is optional, is there a way for the HO to find out that i was unemployed and would it cause a problem for me?
3. What other supporting documents could i attach to make my case stronger?

My worry is this part of the form
Under paragraphs 276B(ii), 276B (iii) and 276B (iv) of the Immigration Rules you must consider the following points before granting indefinite leave in all cases:
276B (ii)
• strength of connections in the UK-- (My relatives live here)
• personal history, including character, conduct, associations and employment record -- (how to prove this without p60 or in case of unemployment)
• domestic circumstances
• compassionate circumstances
• any representations on the person’s behalf.

Many thanks for all your help.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:39 am

The long residency category requires none of the things you have mentioned.

quantum1
Member of Standing

Post by quantum1 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:39 pm

Just send application form with photos and passport/s. That's All you need if your case is straight forward.

Smam

Post by Smam » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:46 pm

Hi

As mentioned by the senior members of this forum you dont have to send any documents a part from your passport and completely filled Set(o) form. That's all you need to send and that's it if you are applying under 10 years rule.

Good luck for your ILR.