ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visit when awaiting Tier 1 Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmp_922

Family Visit when awaiting Tier 1 Extension

Post by hsmp_922 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:22 pm

Hi,

I am currently on a Tier 1 Visa which expires in mid-April 2012. I have applied for my extension & am waiting for my biometric invitation letter.

In the meantime, my parents back home would like to visit me from India. Though its almost certain that I would get my visa extension approved, Would it be ok for them to apply for a Family Visit to the UK by submitting my current passport which only has a visa upto April 2012?

If anyone of you have been in a similar situation, could you all please share your experiences.

Many Thanks :)

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: Family Visit when awaiting Tier 1 Extension

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:31 pm

IMHO, UKBA/VFS would unfortunately deny the visa on the basis you do not have a visa valid for a longer period and also if they are aware that your application is being considered. While we all are sure to get the visa, because we have always stayed and abide by the laws but that somehow isn't enough to convince UKBA. So hold your horses until you get your visa to avoid expensive mistake !
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:34 pm

Another possibility: your parents getting a visa end date same as your current visa expiry date :idea: Get the extension and then invite your parents.
Give me more Karma (+)