ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Name misspelled on EEA2 Certificate of Application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

megoizzy
Newly Registered

Name misspelled on EEA2 Certificate of Application

Post by megoizzy » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:49 pm

Hi all,

I've already posted this in another thread but thought I might get a bit more advice by starting a new topic. Apologies and thanks to those who've already responded in the other thread.

Here is the history of my issue:

EEA2 sent - 28/01/2012
EEA2 received by UKBA - 30/01/2012
COA received 25/02/2012 (dated 22/02) - It confirms right to work, etc.

My concern is that they have my name misspelled on the COA. Anyone experience this before?

I emailed LiverpoolEuro.PassportReturns@ukba.gsi.gov.uk twice asking about the misspelled name on my COA and if they would change it/confirm it would be changed/send a new COA. I've received no response.

What office does the NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk email direct to? Should I try this one instead?

For those who have successfully gotten a response via email, is there something special you're doing? What sort of subject line are you using when you write to them? I feel like maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Barring that, can someone please repost the phone number I can use to try to reach them? I am at my wit's end and starting to worry they will misspell my name on the actual RC.

Thanks!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:12 pm

Better to do it over the phone. The first sticky in the forum has all the contact details - European enquiries contact centre.

cutepearl

Re: Name misspelled on EEA2 Certificate of Application

Post by cutepearl » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:37 pm

megoizzy wrote:Hi all,

I've already posted this in another thread but thought I might get a bit more advice by starting a new topic. Apologies and thanks to those who've already responded in the other thread.

EEA2 sent - 28/01/2012

My concern is that they have my name misspelled on the COA. Anyone experience this before?

I emailed LiverpoolEuro.PassportReturns@ukba.gsi.gov.uk twice asking about the misspelled name on my COA and if they would change it/confirm it would be changed/send a new COA. I've received no response.

What office does the NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk email direct to? Should I try this one instead?

For those who have successfully gotten a response via email, is there something special you're doing? What sort of subject line are you using when you write to them? I feel like maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Barring that, can someone please repost the phone number I can use to try to reach them? I am at my wit's end and starting to worry they will misspell my name on the actual RC.

Thanks!

It doesn't matter I had my Date of Birth Wrong on my CoA and called them back in 2008 and they said that It won't be wrong on the RC. When I received my RC it was correct there. Unless you are looking for work with CoA then maybe an employer may question that otherwise no problem.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: Name misspelled on EEA2 Certificate of Application

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:41 pm

megoizzy wrote:Hi all,

EEA2 sent - 28/01/2012

Thanks!
It is likely that your residence card will not be issued for at least a couple of weeks. I suggest you write to them pointing out the error and asking for it to be corrected (and by writing, I mean a letter).

megoizzy
Newly Registered

Post by megoizzy » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:41 pm

Thank you everyone for the replies. I ended up sending off one more email before calling and, lo and behold, a response! (I wonder if they simply sit around and read the forums all day when they should be processing our visas? :lol: )
Good Afternoon,
Firstly, please accept my sincere apologies for the error in the spelling of your name, on the Certificate of Application (COA). However, in order that we can re-issue you a COA with the correct spelling of your name, we will need you to submit the COA you currently have. When you submit this document, also provide a covering letter explaining the problem, and this will be rectified as soon as is possible.

Kind regards
Euro

Managed Miration
Department 67
PO Box 306
L2 0QN
So, I am going to send off the documents ASAP and hope maybe, just maybe!, it will speed along my RC processing time. (Probably wishful thinking, but oh well!). I don't need the COA for work, so better to send it off and try, I think.