ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

declating a conviction

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

smoothturbo

declating a conviction

Post by smoothturbo » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:34 pm

Hi all, I am in the middle of filling out a set(m) form, just wondering when declaring a conviction do I have to explain in detail what took place on the day or only mention what type of conviction it was?

smoothturbo

Post by smoothturbo » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:53 pm

anyone? is there any point writing up the whole story? are UKBA interested? I know there are few members who recently got ILR with convictions..any input from you guys would be really greatful!

friend12345

Post by friend12345 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:07 am

smoothturbo wrote:anyone? is there any point writing up the whole story? are UKBA interested? I know there are few members who recently got ILR with convictions..any input from you guys would be really greatful!
I got ILR with driving offence LC20 ( driving on international licence ), the details I put in eere date of offence, date of conviction, offence code, reason, fine and penalty points I also included that all points are removed from licence as confirmed by DVLA.
hope this helps.
Good luck

Smam

Post by Smam » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:51 am

Hi smoothturbo

To the best of my knowledge it clearly says on the ILR forms that if you have any convictions you have to give an honest and a brieft detail about it just mentioning the conviction isn't enough in this case I am affraid.

Lets face it if you got a conviction and then you've to explain about it other wise it'll raise more and more and more questions which is not good I believe just be honest about it that's all I can advice you.

Good luck for your ILR.

smoothturbo

Post by smoothturbo » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:17 pm

thank u chaps..I was just wondering why one would need to explain it all again when its already been dealt with in court. Can I just ak though, do UKBA have the right to refuse the application even though there are no unspent convictions?

friend12345

Post by friend12345 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:04 pm

smoothturbo wrote:thank u chaps..I was just wondering why one would need to explain it all again when its already been dealt with in court. Can I just ak though, do UKBA have the right to refuse the application even though there are no unspent convictions?
Convictions spent already don't need to be declared.

Smam

Post by Smam » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:09 am

friend12345 wrote:
smoothturbo wrote:thank u chaps..I was just wondering why one would need to explain it all again when its already been dealt with in court. Can I just ak though, do UKBA have the right to refuse the application even though there are no unspent convictions?
Convictions spent already don't need to be declared.
Hi

As mentioned in the previour reply there's no need to mention any spent conviction no matter what it was for.

UKBA has got all the rights to refuse your ILR application on any unspent conictions they are not really interested in knowing any spent convictions as you've just mentioned your self that its already been dealt by the court so that's out of question for UKBA.

Hope this will answer your question.