ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP enrolment, booking an appointment without letter

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abby92

BRP enrolment, booking an appointment without letter

Post by abby92 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:45 am

Hi all,

I wonder if some one can help me with this.

1) can I book an appointment at PEO in advance without having a letter from ukba for BRP enrolment?

2) I am on tier 1 Gen. and have applied by post recently so what category should I select while booking an appointment? tier 1 gen. or anyother

Thanks

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:48 am

Why do you want to book an appointment? You can go to any participating post office for your Biometrics, when you receive your letter.

Her's a list of participating post offices: http://www.postoffice.co.uk/counter-ser ... s/branches

In case you still want to book an appointment at a PEO, you need to wait for the letter as it would have the reference number that you need to provide while booking the appointment.
Give me more Karma (+)

abby92

Post by abby92 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:55 am

Fortunately or unfortunately, none of these post offices suite me due to my location where I am based.

Ok will wait for the letter but what category should I select while booking an appointment?

gprao2010

Post by gprao2010 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:24 am

Tier 1 (General)

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:25 am

dude, i wouldnt go to a party uninvited so dont jump the gun

by the time you get the biometric letter, you may only have the option of giving bio at a PO, for which you dont need an appointment

jus relax & everythin will fall in place
Manka

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: BRP enrolment, booking an appointment without letter

Post by Greenie » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:46 am

abby92 wrote:Hi all,

I wonder if some one can help me with this.

1) can I book an appointment at PEO in advance without having a letter from ukba for BRP enrolment?

2) I am on tier 1 Gen. and have applied by post recently so what category should I select while booking an appointment? tier 1 gen. or anyother

Thanks
you can't book an appt until you have recieved the invitation letter or email which includes your Case ID.

tier_2_applicant

Post by tier_2_applicant » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:53 am

From 10th April a number of new post offices will be added to this list. If you search on the intranet you might find the new list (it has approx. 100 post offices). May be you will find a suitable one.
abby92 wrote:Fortunately or unfortunately, none of these post offices suite me due to my location where I am based.

Ok will wait for the letter but what category should I select while booking an appointment?

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:27 am

tier_2_applicant wrote:If you search on the intranet you might find the new list (it has approx. 100 post offices). May be you will find a suitable one.
I guess you mean Internet
Give me more Karma (+)

abby92

Post by abby92 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:28 am

tier_2_applicant wrote:From 10th April a number of new post offices will be added to this list. If you search on the intranet you might find the new list (it has approx. 100 post offices). May be you will find a suitable one.
abby92 wrote:Fortunately or unfortunately, none of these post offices suite me due to my location where I am based.

Which intranet you are referring to? Can you post the link please.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:32 am

the post office did have a list of offices that would be participating from April but they have taken this down and they now only have a list of the current offices. If anyone has a link to information on the new post offices that will be offering the service please do share it.

abby92

Post by abby92 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:25 am

tier_2_applicant wrote:From 10th April a number of new post offices will be added to this list. If you search on the intranet you might find the new list (it has approx. 100 post offices). May be you will find a suitable one.

Which intranet you are referring to? Can you post the link please.

tier_2_applicant

Post by tier_2_applicant » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:30 am

Oops! Off course I meant internet.

Greenie is right, post office website had a list of POs that would participate from 10th April but it has been removed now, hence I suggested searching on internet (there was a glitch in an upgrade they did last week to the biometric software at these new post offices, so they might delay it beyond 10th April).

You might want to check at a near by post office - they may have some information.
QuickSam wrote:
tier_2_applicant wrote:If you search on the intranet you might find the new list (it has approx. 100 post offices). May be you will find a suitable one.
I guess you mean Internet