ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New PBS Dependent (Tier-1) form/Application date query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

UKVISAIMG
Newly Registered

New PBS Dependent (Tier-1) form/Application date query

Post by UKVISAIMG » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:09 am

Hello Everyone,

Thanks very much for replying to all my queries so far.

Can anyone please help with the following query,

The new PBS Dependent form has following question (This also concrens the points I am claming for Qualification for main appliant),

L4. Date of the main applicant’s most recent application to us:

Here, I am not sure about what date to fill in, as my (Tier-1 Main Applicant) initial Tier 1 application was made by post and according to guidance notes the .

Date of application
34. The date of his/her application will be taken to be the following.
For applications made in the United Kingdom:
• where the application form is sent by post, the date of posting; or
• where the application form is sent by courier, the date on which it is delivered to the UK Border • Agency of the Home Office;

The problem is:

I paid by cash in the post office and I don’t remember the exact date of posting.

It’s important in my case because,
The rules for clamming points on Bachelor degree got changed from 31 March 2009 and my tier -1 visa approval date on Visa page is 21 Apr 2009 , Hence I can not use the start date on VISA as it will not allow me to claim the points for Bachelor degree.

From the guidance notes

* An applicant cannot claim points for a Bachelor’s degree if :

a) his/her last grant of entry clearance was as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant under the rules in place between 31 March 2009 and 5 April 2010, or
b) (i) he/she has had leave to remain as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant under the rules in place between 31 March 2009 and 5 April 2010,

However, I have a Acknowledgement letter dated 18 March 2012 from UKBA and I can guess from the cover latter date (copy I have from the initial application) that I might have posted application on 16 of March 2009. but still not sure about 16th or 17th March.

Can I fill the date 18 Mar 2009 (Aknowledgement date by UKBA) or do I have to fill the exact date of application by posted.

Any help will be much appreciated as I have PEO appointment for Tier-1 extension (Main + 2 Dependents) next week and I am still struggling with this question because same date is required to claim the points on PBS calculator and needs to be fill in the new dependent form.
Last edited by UKVISAIMG on Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:03 pm

Bless you but you needed not to write any of that. L4 - Leave it blank !! You do not need to fill it

Good Luck
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...